Pravda debunks evolution once and for all: "Where's them half evolved dinos at?"

Started by Syt, July 10, 2009, 12:34:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FunkMonk

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 10, 2009, 03:35:23 PM
The Creationist museum didn't convince me. Gave me a case of the giggles, yes. Convert me to their side, no.
I've always wanted to visit that place. How did they treat you? Is it constant WHARBGLING about the evils or falsehoods of evolution?
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Ed Anger

Quote from: FunkMonk on July 10, 2009, 04:11:30 PM
The Creationist museum didn't convince me. Gave me a case of the giggles, yes. Convert me to their side, no.
I've always wanted to visit that place. How did they treat you? Is it constant WHARBGLING about the evils or falsehoods of evolution?

They left me and the wife alone. As this site says, http://arstechnica.com/old/content/2007/06/ars-takes-a-field-trip-the-creation-museum.ars, the exhibits look professional.

Only thing was, the 20 buck entry fee each was a bit excessive.

If you are within a hour or two drive, it is worth a look.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Josephus

Pravda has certainly come down a few notches since the fall of the Soviet Union.

Now it's just nothing but lies and exaggeration.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

crazy canuck

Quote from: Josephus on July 10, 2009, 04:19:51 PM
Pravda has certainly come down a few notches since the fall of the Soviet Union.

Now it's just nothing but lies and exaggeration.

:lol:

Neil

Quote from: Siege on July 10, 2009, 01:24:28 PM
That was awesome.

Horizontal Evolution is the perfect term for the type of limited evolution that I think is possible.
You're not exactly the most clever person there is, so we'll leave it to smart people to decide what is and is not possible.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

FunkMonk

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 10, 2009, 04:18:10 PM
Quote from: FunkMonk on July 10, 2009, 04:11:30 PM

They left me and the wife alone. As this site says, http://arstechnica.com/old/content/2007/06/ars-takes-a-field-trip-the-creation-museum.ars, the exhibits look professional.

Only thing was, the 20 buck entry fee each was a bit excessive.

If you are within a hour or two drive, it is worth a look.
Gotcha. Thanks. :thumbsup:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

BuddhaRhubarb

:p

Siege

Quote from: The Brain on July 10, 2009, 03:01:26 PM
V is on TV right now. What about those lizards?

Robert Englund and Michael Ironside FTW.

What V? The newone?

When did it start? What channel?

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

BuddhaRhubarb

I like all these :facepalm: smileys

the last one seems to go with our set best.
:p

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: DGuller on July 10, 2009, 04:03:26 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on July 10, 2009, 04:00:22 PM
Not surprising actually.  I was stunned when during an evolution discussion neither Marty or Tamas actually understood Darwinian evolution.  I guess I shouldn't be.
To be fair, it is hard to understand a theory of something you've never experienced.

That's pretty funny, coming from a Russian.  :P
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Queequeg

Quote from: Siege on July 10, 2009, 01:24:28 PM
That was awesome.

Horizontal Evolution is the perfect term for the type of limited evolution that I think is possible.
How are you different from a Muslim again?
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

The Brain

Quote from: Siege on July 10, 2009, 08:27:40 PM
Quote from: The Brain on July 10, 2009, 03:01:26 PM
V is on TV right now. What about those lizards?

Robert Englund and Michael Ironside FTW.

What V? The newone?

When did it start? What channel?

Old skool.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Tamas

Quote from: Razgovory on July 10, 2009, 04:00:22 PM
Not surprising actually.  I was stunned when during an evolution discussion neither Marty or Tamas actually understood Darwinian evolution.  I guess I shouldn't be.

Just WTF are you talking about?  :huh: