Islamist rebels storm city of 200k in Mindanao, Duerte declares martial law

Started by jimmy olsen, May 23, 2017, 05:45:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Valmy

'storm' is a bit strong. But it sounds like the cavalry should be there tomorrow.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

mongers

Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 23, 2017, 06:26:30 PM
Quote from: mongers on May 23, 2017, 05:55:44 PM

I think Duerte campaign of extra-judicial killings had already made the place ugly intense a while back.
Well yes, but this seems unrelated.

How's  the drug campaign playing to the rest of  Asia?

I asked because I've seen the news coverage, but I bumped into acquaintance of mine just back from the Philippines and he insisted the people love it and the President, all the reporting is 'fake news'/overblown.

Few days later I see a documentary filmed in the shanty towns and depicting what you'd expect to see from a police/gang/death-squad led terror campaign.

Maybe it's a case of the middle class and wealthy/well-healed ignoring or enjoying the suffering of the lower classes? :unsure:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"