Main Menu

Battlestar Galactica

Started by Grallon, March 10, 2009, 07:28:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crazy_Ivan80

classic deus ex machina used: check
overbearing references to today used: check
B-movie plot quality reached: check
Epic fail when compared to series' beginning reached: check check check check check......

error...

shutting down system...

reboot...

reboot...

Starbuck's a man!

DisturbedPervert

Ideologue

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on March 21, 2009, 11:11:55 AM
Quote from: Ideologue on March 21, 2009, 10:49:16 AM
This ending makes me wish Gaeta had won.

No shit, now that I think of it.  At least he wouldn't have crashed their entire fleet in to the sun and forced everyone in to a stone age existence.

Tom Zarek for President: he may have some of you purged, but at least he won't make you live in a hunter-gatherer society rife with malaria.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: Ideologue on March 21, 2009, 11:50:39 AM
Tom Zarek for President: he may have some of you purged, but at least he won't make you live in a hunter-gatherer society rife with malaria.

A vote for Tom Zarek, is a vote for TOILET PAPER!

Ed Anger

I just read the synopsis ending online.  :D

I'd rather have the flying motorcycles.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

vinraith

Quote from: Ideologue on March 21, 2009, 10:31:52 AM
Quote from: vinraith on March 20, 2009, 11:46:47 PM
The single worst finale I've ever seen, to anything. Quite literally on par with Highlander 2 in its overwhelmingly horrible stupidity, trite moralizing, and general laughable idiocy. Neil's been right all along, I renounce the show after that.

I'm pissed that I bought the DVDs.  This isn't just a bad ending--it's a undermining of the entire show.  It is the worst possible thing they could have done.  There is no ending I can conceive worse than the one they gave us.

I managed to resist buying the DVD's for fear of something like this, and I'm incredibly glad I did. Still, it's depressing as hell, this thing started SO well.

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 21, 2009, 11:56:43 AM

Where is this synopsis?
PDH!

Ideologue

Quote from: vinraith on March 21, 2009, 11:58:46 AM
The single worst finale I've ever seen, to anything. Quite literally on par with Highlander 2 in its overwhelmingly horrible stupidity, trite moralizing, and general laughable idiocy. Neil's been right all along, I renounce the show after that.

I'm pissed that I bought the DVDs.  This isn't just a bad ending--it's a undermining of the entire show.  It is the worst possible thing they could have done.  There is no ending I can conceive worse than the one they gave us.

I managed to resist buying the DVD's for fear of something like this, and I'm incredibly glad I did. Still, it's depressing as hell, this thing started SO well.

When S4.5 started so strongly, I got caught up, and had to go out and get them.  So now I have everything but 4.5...

You know what I'm going to do?  I'm going to pretend Revelations is the last episode.  There was a real danger of that, and in retrospect it would have been a far superior finale than what we have, for all the threads it hangs loose in the wind.

Things are left very ambiguous, and some plot elements aren't explained at all (Starbuck's repaired Viper is prominent), but you can sort of logic out a satsfactory explanation there.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

vinraith

Quote from: Ideologue on March 21, 2009, 12:12:49 PM
Quote from: vinraith on March 21, 2009, 11:58:46 AM

When S4.5 started so strongly, I got caught up, and had to go out and get them.  So now I have everything but 4.5...

You know what I'm going to do?  I'm going to pretend Revelations is the last episode.  There was a real danger of that, and in retrospect it would have been a far superior finale than what we have, for all the threads it hangs loose in the wind.

Things are left very ambiguous, and some plot elements aren't explained at all (Starbuck's repaired Viper is prominent), but you can sort of logic out a satsfactory explanation there.

Yup, anything you make up is going to be better than what we got. The problem, as you say, is that "Daybreak" is always going to be there at the back of your head, telling you that the writers didn't have a fucking clue what any of it meant.

This kind of shit is the reason I've yet to watch Lost, by the way.

DisturbedPervert

I think the writers got too caught up in trying to provide surprises, mysteries, and twists, which they never had any real idea how to resolve, instead of providing steady but good plot development.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on March 21, 2009, 12:04:34 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on March 21, 2009, 11:56:43 AM

Where is this synopsis?

On wiki, the list of episodes. It is just a paragraph.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Josquius

The ending...
Finding real Earth: cool.
It being totally unrelated to their civilization, our past and they decide to go back to basics: :bleeding:^799332
██████
██████
██████

FunkMonk

Quote from: vinraith on March 21, 2009, 12:15:14 PM
This kind of shit is the reason I've yet to watch Lost, by the way.
It will be really interesting how they manage to piece Lost together. At least they got a couple of seasons to do it in.
I still love that show to death though.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Fate

I didn't watch much of season 4, so perhaps this was explained in detail - why didn't Baltar or Six age at all after 150,000 years?

GODDIDIT?  :-X