Main Menu

Battlestar Galactica

Started by Grallon, March 10, 2009, 07:28:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

Grallon

Quote from: crazy canuck on March 17, 2009, 12:46:36 PM
Grallon, make sure you are sitting down.

I liked the last episode.  They really got back on track.  I look forward to the final two hours now.

Who are you and what have you done with CC ! ???

-----

In other news there was a press screening of the finale on monday and the buzz is that people were blown away :)

Also, the TV movie "The Plan", that was supposed to air in june is delayed till november  :'(

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Grallon

"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

I Killed Kenny

Neil

Quote from: Grallon on March 19, 2009, 11:57:16 AM
I'll try to slide a post in between chronic network breakdowns...
It's probably the shittiness of the show that's causing the network problems.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

crazy canuck

I will keep my criticism about that plot holes to myself.

On the whole I liked how they ended things.  It was a good way to retire the series.  One thing I would have liked to see was a bit better explanation for kara thrace II rather then just have her disappear into the ether.  But other then that I liked it.

vinraith

The single worst finale I've ever seen, to anything. Quite literally on par with Highlander 2 in its overwhelmingly horrible stupidity, trite moralizing, and general laughable idiocy. Neil's been right all along, I renounce the show after that.

FunkMonk

Quote from: vinraith on March 20, 2009, 11:46:47 PM
The single worst finale I've ever seen, to anything. Quite literally on par with Highlander 2 in its overwhelmingly horrible stupidity, trite moralizing, and general laughable idiocy. Neil's been right all along, I renounce the show after that.
That's too bad. I'll likely skip this show altogether.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

vinraith

Quote from: FunkMonk on March 21, 2009, 12:04:46 AM
Quote from: vinraith on March 20, 2009, 11:46:47 PM
That's too bad. I'll likely skip this show altogether.

I genuinely wish I had.

Fate

Oh come on, seasons 1 and 2 were great. Let's just imagine that everyone died to a second nuclear holocaust on New Caprica when the natives became restless.

DisturbedPervert

I remember reading a long time ago about the final scene.  I thought it was just random internet rumour mongering...but it turned out to have been right.   

A pretty awful ending to the series.  Oh well.

Grinning_Colossus

I'm still processing it. Only comment is that the BSG is clearly the B-Ark, bathtub on the bridge and all.
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

Vince

Well the space battle was great.  The ending was terrible. 

Neil

I WIN!

I told you all from the beginning.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Strix

Quote from: Vince on March 21, 2009, 07:29:23 AM
Well the space battle was great.  The ending was terrible.

What happened?
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher