News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Scotland should...

Started by Grinning_Colossus, April 09, 2017, 09:41:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scotland should...

...become the poorest province of the glorious Scandinavian Union.
5 (15.6%)
...combine with Ireland to become Gaeland.
6 (18.8%)
...join Canada, which isn't stupid.
3 (9.4%)
...stick with the bloody English.
18 (56.3%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Grinning_Colossus

For Scotland, the possibilities are as limitless as the future is bright. Cast your vote!
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Monoriu

Stick with the United Kingdom and (re) swear fealty to the Queen.

Habbaku

Declare independence, restore the Stuarts, then invade England to bring about the Restoration.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Valmy

Quote from: Habbaku on April 09, 2017, 10:27:09 PM
Declare independence, restore the Stuarts, then invade England to bring about the Restoration.

Of course the current Jacobite claimant is some German so really you would just be exchanging Germans for Germans at this point :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Habbaku

As long as it's the correct German.  :mad:
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

CountDeMoney

PDH

They should import all of the people in America who claim Scottish ancestry, then sell the vital bodily parts of these people to fund their new independent nation.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

derspiess

I never claimed Scottish ancestry.  Scottish ancestry claimed me :(
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

HVC

Quote from: derspiess on April 10, 2017, 08:23:00 AM

and you're both the worst for it :console:
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

derspiess

Quote from: HVC on April 10, 2017, 08:30:23 AM
Quote from: derspiess on April 10, 2017, 08:23:00 AM

and you're both the worst for it :console:

No shit.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Grey Fox

Quote from: Monoriu on April 09, 2017, 09:49:30 PM

They have no plans to get rid of the Queen.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Grinning_Colossus

They should consider hiring a Scottish actor as king.
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

garbon

Quote from: Grey Fox on April 10, 2017, 08:40:26 AM
Quote from: Monoriu on April 09, 2017, 09:49:30 PM

They have no plans to get rid of the Queen.

While still more favored keeping Queen than not, I believe polls before last independence run had the % wanting to keep the monarchy at much lower levels than the wider UK.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive