Forget Scots Independence - should Scotland join Canada?

Started by Barrister, April 06, 2017, 03:59:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbler

Quote from: Eddie Teach on April 16, 2017, 11:47:09 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on April 14, 2017, 08:50:17 AM
Quote from: Zoupa on April 13, 2017, 10:32:58 PM
Mais qu'est ce qu'on en a a foutre, bordel. Finalement c'est vraiment un pays de Belges, le ROC.

I'll translate this, with my excellent French skills!

"Alas, but what quest is the cheese in the brothel on.  Finally, there is clothing for the land of Belgium in the Republic of China.

Cheese is fromage. :frog:

Centurian: "'Fromage'? Nominative? 'Cheese in the brothel', this is motion towards, isn't it, boy?"
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Zoupa

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 16, 2017, 11:43:17 AM
When I read posts by Oex and Rex, separatism makes a lot of sense.  When I read posts by Grallon, I wonder about the extremists attracted to the cause.  Zoupa just strikes me as grumpy and frustrated the vote didn't work out.

I am. Nobody should ever come to me for the Whys and Hows of independance. I do agree that Oex has the writing skills and mastery of english to explain Qc's "feelings" 10 times better than me. I bet you GF feels the same way.

Grey Fox

About Oex language skills? Of course.

I am not grumpy about the 1995 referendum. I was 11 & firmly in the no camp back then. (My grand father was a PC mp in the 80s)

But explaining the feeling of Francophones in Quebec to Americans is usually a lost cause, especially when some RoC anglos are around.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.