News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Bro CEOs

Started by CountDeMoney, April 01, 2017, 07:39:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Tamas on April 04, 2017, 05:46:22 AM
On the Uber thing: it's one of those things where it is very easy to do your part in forcing a change: if you do not like how Uber treats its contractors, you can just use one of the myriad other minicab/taxi services, who work based on a different, more traditional business model.

I just try to avoid them all. -_-
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Berkut on April 03, 2017, 07:37:53 PM
That sounds...lame.

I don't think liking having pretty girls around while drinking is all that unusual, even if you don't end up getting your dick wet.

Razgovory

Paying people to watch you get drunk seems kind of weird.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

The Brain

Quote from: Razgovory on April 04, 2017, 01:52:42 PM

Are you 'mental?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Tonitrus

Quote from: Razgovory on April 04, 2017, 01:52:42 PM

Bar patrons/bartenders do that dynamic all of the time.

Jacob

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 04, 2017, 01:42:11 PM
That sounds...lame.

I don't think liking having pretty girls around while drinking is all that unusual, even if you don't end up getting your dick wet.

Not that different from going to Hooters et. al. You don't get to boink the waitresses, but you can look at them and they'll pretend to find your inane banter amusing.

dps

Quote from: Jacob on April 04, 2017, 08:55:44 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 04, 2017, 01:42:11 PM
That sounds...lame.

Not that different from going to Hooters et. al. You don't get to boink the waitresses, but you can look at them and they'll pretend to find your inane banter amusing.

You don't usually run up a bill in the thousands of dollars at Hooter's, though.

Josquius

I don't get it either.
But it makes a little more sense when you think of it in the context of a middle aged salary man whose entire life is his work and who hasn't even spoken to his wife, with whom he is still living, for 10 years.
██████
██████
██████

Monoriu

I also find it odd.  I guess the night clubs/hostess bars operate at a level where the customers can legitimately claim that they are there for business/building relationships with work colleagues reasons and they didn't cheat on their wives. 

Jacob

Quote from: dps on April 04, 2017, 09:22:15 PM
You don't usually run up a bill in the thousands of dollars at Hooter's, though.

Not all hostess bars are that expensive.

The thousands of dollars (and hundreds of thousands of dollars during the 90s bubble in Tokyo) is taking the concept and upscaling it to a prestige symbol. But the basic concept of "guys like being around pretty women who act like they find them interesting" is similar.