First big "holy shit" moment of the Trump presidency?

Started by Jacob, March 22, 2017, 03:32:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What's the next big gamechanger for the Trump administration.

The US will a nice big bloody expensive war somewhere high profile.
3 (10.3%)
Some kind of Erdoganist/ Putinesque mangling of institutions, breaking democratic norms in permanent way.
2 (6.9%)
Significant economic crisis.
1 (3.4%)
Fumbling of a deadly natural disaster or health emergency on a national scale.
3 (10.3%)
Permanent major shift in international alignment - i.e. US withdrawing from the UN, seriously undermining or disbanding NATO et. al.
2 (6.9%)
Clear and incontrovertible proof of the Russian direct influence on Trump and senior administration.
6 (20.7%)
Large scale civil unrest - riots etc.
0 (0%)
A face turn - Trump does something competent that makes many of his critics accept that he's up to the job after all.
2 (6.9%)
Lurid personal scandal - clear evidence of Trump involved in incest, f. ex., or evidence of major corruption and abuse of power that makes even many of his supporters think he's gone too far.
1 (3.4%)
Breakdown of GOP discipline with the House and/or Senate openly hostile to and actively obstructing and investigating the Trump administration.
3 (10.3%)
A significant strike against the US, causing a major "rally around the president" effect.
0 (0%)
Something else (feel free to elaborate in a post)
0 (0%)
There won't be one. This is the new normal and the US will trundle along as is until another election changes the landscape.
6 (20.7%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Grey Fox

The day Valmy & Seedy knock on my front door looking for a place to crash. That will be the sign I missed the holy shit moment.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

derspiess

Quote from: Berkut on March 23, 2017, 10:52:23 AM
I can imagine that was very special for you.

It was surreal.  And hilarious-- still can't believe this clown got to be president.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: Grey Fox on March 23, 2017, 11:56:17 AM
The day Valmy & Seedy knock on my front door looking for a place to crash. That will be the sign I missed the holy shit moment.

I can't imagine Seedy going out that passively.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

That's goddamned right.

If anything, Valmy could say he was a hostage, and I forced him to <insert hackneyed and formulaic movie plot here>.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 23, 2017, 12:47:49 PM
If anything, Valmy could say he was a hostage, and I forced him to <insert hackneyed and formulaic movie plot here>.

Okay but enough about your meet cute.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Don't you have someone to glare at in person or something?

grumbler

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 23, 2017, 12:47:49 PM
That's goddamned right.

I've seen that movie.

*Serpentine, Valmy! Serpentine!*
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

CountDeMoney

:lol: Maybe 3 people know that reference, g. FLAMES THERE ARE FLAMES ON MY CAR

dps

CountDeMoney

grumbler

"Are you interested in joining? The benefits are terrific. The trick is not to get killed. That's really the key to the whole benefit program."
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 23, 2017, 06:21:49 PM
:lol: Maybe 3 people know that reference

The rest have been carried off by giant tse-tse flies.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Tonitrus

I gotta wonder if Putin might be having a "holy shit, what have I done" moment these days.  :P