News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Dark Eye: Drakensang

Started by DisturbedPervert, July 08, 2009, 11:07:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DisturbedPervert

I saw this PC rpg at the mall today.  I'd never heard of it before, so I didn't buy.  Has anyone played this?  From reading on the net it's a German rpg in the style of BG or NWN.  The two reviews I've read weren't very good, but they were complaining about things like complexity which could actually be a plus. 

QuoteThe Dark Eye is the leading Pen & Paper role play system in Germany, but it`s also widely known all over the world. During the past 20 years books, board games and several PC games contributed to build a whole fantasy universe with millions of fans. Rules and background story are based on samples by the Pen & Paper body of rules. They have all been accurately adapted into a new, gripping PC game.

In The Dark Eye: Drakensang it is wise to make friends because your enemies will be numerous indeed. Sinister forces are at work in the city of Ferdok. Summoned by a letter from an old friend you suddenly find yourself charged with investigating a series of strange ritual murders. But getting to the bottom of this only means scratching the surface of a much bigger, more sinister plot. Only by surrounding yourself with trustworthy companions will you have a chance to prevent a dark conspiracy that threatens to change the world of Aventuria forever!
Key Features

* Huge, detailed medieval 3D world with authentic looks of historic European architecture
    * Versatile, round-based combat system that brings tactics back to combat
    * Talent-based dialogue system
    * Rich story based on Germany`s #1 pen & paper RPG system "The Dark Eye"
    * Dynamic party size
    * Individual party skill development
    * Rich storyline by the authors of the original The Dark Eye books and adventures

Syt

Haven't tried it, but it has generally gotten average to above average reviews.

Mobygames has it at 79% based on reviews and 4.1 based on reader reviews.
http://www.mobygames.com/game/windows/dark-eye-drakensang
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Galrion

This game looks interesting, but I don't have the rig to play it.  I find that when I just barely exceed the minimum specs my gaming experience is a not so good.