News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

High school re-unions - yay or nay?

Started by Barrister, March 01, 2017, 11:00:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

It happened - I received an invite for my 25th high school reunion.

So should I go?  I only spent two years at that school (and I skipped a grade so was a year younger than everyone) with no really close friends, but I am kind of curious to see how bald and/or fat everyone became.  It was an all-boys school so there are no old crushes to go and check out.  It is two provinces away so there is some expense.  All in all I think I turned out pretty okay, though I'm sure at least some are probably richer or more successful.

Has anyone gone to their high school reunion?  What was it like?  Share your story with the class. :)
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

CountDeMoney

Admiral Yi

Never been to one.  I would think no chicks would totally kill it.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

MadBurgerMaker

The existence of a very high % of those people means nothing to me anymore.  The ones that do, I still talk to relatively regularly.  A reunion is not necessary.

Barrister

I can see that the friendly and gregarious nature of languishites strikes again. :lol:

Eddie Teach

The people I'd be most interested in seeing didn't graduate the same year as me.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Grey Fox

Do you have those people on facebook, B?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Barrister on March 01, 2017, 11:11:40 AM
I can see that the friendly and gregarious nature of languishites strikes again. :lol:

Your life has turned out better than the average Languishite.  Since comparing success is the main objective of a reunion, you should have more motivation.

mongers

Quote from: Barrister on March 01, 2017, 11:11:40 AM

Why do you think we're here rather than elsewhere?  :D
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Barrister

Quote from: Grey Fox on March 01, 2017, 11:18:52 AM

I have two friends from high school on Facebook (oddly enough, both Filipinos).  One is a dentist with a nice looking family and a pretty aggressive evangelical faith who has definitely plumped up.  The other... works in restaurants, not married, his FB posts are generally depressing, and he got downright fat.

But the other 97 or so I have no idea about.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Barrister on March 01, 2017, 11:32:52 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on March 01, 2017, 11:18:52 AM

I have two friends from high school on Facebook (oddly enough, both Filipinos).  One is a dentist with a nice looking family and a pretty aggressive evangelical faith who has definitely plumped up.  The other... works in restaurants, not married, his FB posts are generally depressing, and he got downright fat.

But the other 97 or so I have no idea about.

You should Go.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Phillip V

Quote from: Barrister on March 01, 2017, 11:00:34 AM
It happened - I received an invite for my 25th high school reunion.

So should I go?  I only spent two years at that school (and I skipped a grade so was a year younger than everyone) with no really close friends, but I am kind of curious to see how bald and/or fat everyone became.  It was an all-boys school so there are no old crushes to go and check out.  It is two provinces away so there is some expense.  All in all I think I turned out pretty okay, though I'm sure at least some are probably richer or more successful.

Has anyone gone to their high school reunion?  What was it like?  Share your story with the class. :)

Just make sure it is somewhere casual with food and booze.

My reunion I organized at a brewery a few months ago:

Barrister

I'm 1600 km away - I'm not organizing nothing.

So P5 - was it worthwhile to meet up with the ole high school gang?