News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

UK's Response to Financial Crisis

Started by Sheilbh, July 08, 2009, 07:53:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

I'm applying for a job and have to write a 500 word article on the (UK) government and regulator's response to the financial crisis.  Does anyone have any useful links or articles they can think of that discussed this?  JR?  Ark?
Let's bomb Russia!

Admiral Yi

The Minsky Moment

google "bank of england quantitative easing"
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Barrister

Quote from: Sheilbh on July 08, 2009, 07:53:48 AM
I'm applying for a job and have to write a 500 word article on the (UK) government and regulator's response to the financial crisis.  Does anyone have any useful links or articles they can think of that discussed this?  JR?  Ark?

500 words? :bleeding:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

Quote from: Armyknife on July 09, 2009, 03:38:36 PM
Make a sentence that includes these three words; Door, Stable, Bolted.

'I can safely say that Britain has bolted the stable door shut before the horse could escape.  Hurrah for Britain and hurrah again!'
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Barrister on July 09, 2009, 03:16:48 PM
Quote from: Sheilbh on July 08, 2009, 07:53:48 AM

500 words? :bleeding:
Nice and short.  You could fit that into a paragraph.  Here is a quick outline:
The UK is a land of contrasts.
One of which is the way it has responded to the Financial Crisis. 
In short, English stiff upper-lippishness and perseverance will prevail. 
PDH!

Warspite

Have a look through the FT archives. Other than that I cannot think of any major, apolitical analysis of the government's response.
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA