Charcoal-y
0 (0%)
Don't eat/like steaks
5 (7.8%)

Total Members Voted: 64

Ed Anger

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 01, 2017, 06:16:28 PM
Not a fan of steak.

If I'm going to eat beef I prefer a burger, but really in general I'm more of a poultry fan.

Tim likes cock.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

crazy canuck

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 01, 2017, 08:17:44 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 01, 2017, 06:16:28 PM
Not a fan of steak.

If I'm going to eat beef I prefer a burger, but really in general I'm more of a poultry fan.

Tim likes cock.

I laughed

CountDeMoney

Eddie Teach

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 01, 2017, 11:43:47 PM
Makes me miss Rufweed.  :(

You could unban Marty for the next best thing.   :P

CountDeMoney

:mad:  Unlike Marti, Rufweed is most decidedly not self-loathing about his non-traditional maleness. 

DontSayBanana

Quote from: derspiess on March 01, 2017, 10:24:27 AM
Quote from: crazy canuck on March 01, 2017, 10:22:01 AM
I can understand an Aussie theme if that is where they are sourcing their beef.  But why would a US restaurant do that?  I suppose an Australian theme seems exotic or at least more exotic than Texas?

Pretty much.  There's no shortage of Texas-themed steakhouse chains.

Late, but this.  For illustration, in the closest shopping hub "city" to me, there are a Chili's and a Longhorn Steakhouse next door to each other, with a Texas Roadhouse across the street, and until it closed, a Bob Evans next door to that.  Even the lowest common denominator of (non fast-food) "American" cuisine, Denny's, tries to cash in on the "southern/southwestern steakhouse" thing.
Experience bij!

Barrister

You know, coming back to this thread, it occurred to me there are several Canadian restaurant chains that, to one degree or another, all trade on a theme of being from somewhere else, even though in truth they are 100% Canadian.

Boston Pizza - doesn't have anything Boston-related in it's interior or menu, but the name itself - it has zero ties to the city of Boston (started out in Edmonton in fact).

Swiss Chalet - they serve rotisserie chicken meals.  There's nothing "Swiss" about it though, other than a vaguely chalet-inspired decor.

Eat Side Mario's - It's Italian-American food, with heavy, heavy New York City-inspired decor.  There logo used to be the Statue of Liberty holding a tomato.

Montana's Cookhouse - decor isn't specifically "Montana", but very heavy on exposed log construction, dead animals on the wall.

New York Fries - a staple of Canadian mall food courts.  Not really any "decor", but advertisements used to have a strong NYC taxi-cab theme to them

There are also chains that serve asian food, like Thai Express, Edo Japan, Panda Express, Mandarin.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Berkut

Boston Pizza isn't even a pizza place!
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Barrister

Barrister

Quote from: Habbaku on March 02, 2017, 05:46:55 PM
Swiss Chalet was terrible.

It's barely a step up from fast food.  It's cheap, and you get what you pay for.

Berkut

I've had much, MUCH better fast food.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Eddie Teach

Ed Anger

I liked Swiss Chalet. It's just Boston Market with annoying Canadians.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive