Henry Tudor (VII)
7 (46.7%)
I know nothing of this event and can't be arsed to research
1 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Josquius

I just watched this documentary

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvBIkhxDMEc

towards the end they're talking about the long standing Richard III society, keen to rehabilitate his image. And a new upstart Henry Tudor society who say no, that this revisionism is nonsense, Henry is the hero.

So.

Yes, yes, history is complicated and not black and white.
But if you have to support one, and assuming that if you choose Richard he will win, so don't let the actual outcome sway you.... Who is the good guy at the close of the Wars of the Roses?
██████
██████
██████

Valmy

Both kind of suck. But Richard III sucks more. The Yorkists had won and he fucked it up.

So I vote for the Welshman.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Habbaku

The trouble here is deciding based on limited information about Richard.  We have a good snapshot of his brief reign and, with the Princes controversy set aside (I'm not sure where I stand on it, even after reading 3 books on the subject), he seems to have been a good ruler, fair minded, but with some nepotism given to the northerners.

In comparison, we have plenty of information about Henry VII's reign, and can make a far more informed up or down assessment of him.

I would have sided with Richard as the rightful ruler in such a situation, especially knowing the chaos that comes with Henry VIII's reign, but it's not an easy choice.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

The Brain

Yorkist to the bone. Richard III.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

The Brain

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Brain

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

viper37

Richard III.  But just because I didn't want to look like an idiot and vote #3.

:P

I don't know much, not enough about Britannia to have an informed opinion on the matter, sadly.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Habbaku

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Solmyr

Richard IV is the rightful King. :contract:

mongers

At least the battle gave us a nice mnemonic.  :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"