Actress Natasha Richardson died cerebrally in Montreal Hospital

Started by Drakken, March 17, 2009, 03:00:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drakken

Sorry if it is in French.

In short, Natasha Richardson had a serious ski accident yesterday on a ski track in Mont-Tremblant near Montreal.

At first she appeared to be okey, but she went to see a doctor in a Montreal hospital. It seems she has collapsed from internal injury there. This morning she was in intensive care from which she has entered an irreversible coma. She has been declared to have died cerebrally this afternoon.

She is currently brought to New York to her mother Vanessa Redgrave, to her husband Liam Neeson, and to her two children to be debranched with her family around.

:( :( :(

Le mardi 17 mars 2009
Natasha Richardson en état de mort cérébrale

L'actrice Natasha Richardson, qui a été soignée à Montréal à la suite d'un accident de ski survenu à Tremblant hier, est en état de mort cérébrale, rapportent Time Out New York et le New York Post, qui ont parlé à des proches de l'épouse de Liam Neeson.

«Natasha Richardson est transportée à New York afin que sa mère, Vanessa Redgrave, ses deux enfants et ses proches puissent lui faire leurs adieux avant d'être débranchée», écrit le New York Post.

À l'hôpital du Sacré-Coeur, où la femme de 45 ans avait été transportée hier soir, on a aussi confirmé que Natasha Richardson était dans un profond et irréversible coma au moment de son départ de l'hôpital en début d'après-midi.

L'actrice aurait quitté Montréal en avion, probablement vers New York, en début d'après-midi. «Elle n'est plus au Canada», a déclaré Josée-Michelle Simard, porte-parole de l'hôpital du Sacré-Coeur, citée par le site Radar.com.

C'est le Centre hospitalier laurentien, à Sainte-Agathe-des-Monts, qui a d'abord accueilli Mme Richardson, la femme de l'acteur Liam Neeson. «Elle a été admise hier en fin de journée», a indiqué à La Presse Line Meilleur, responsable des communications de l'hôpital. Mais l'actrice a ensuite été transférée à Sacré-Coeur.

La directrice des communications de cet établissement, Josée-Michelle Simard, a discuté avec l'agent de la famille. «Ils vont donner des nouvelles demain», s'est-elle alors contentée de dire.

L'actrice Kika Markham, tante de Mme Richardson, a confirmé l'accident à des médias britanniques.

«Nous savons qu'elle a eu un accident, mais nous n'avons pas d'autres détails. Nous sommes très inquiets», a-t-elle déclaré, ajoutant que la famille ne voulait pas être dérangée.

Selon Lyne Lortie, directrice des relations publiques à la Station Mont-Tremblant, l'actrice suivait une leçon de ski au moment de la chute.

Après l'incident, Mme Lortie assure que Mme Richardson se portait bien, était sans blessure apparente à la tête, parlait et ne montrait aucune confusion. L'actrice est tout de même redescendue en civière, par mesure de précaution.

Les patrouilleurs lui ont ensuite recommandé de voir un médecin. La monitrice de ski, qui est restée à ses côtés, a ensuite constaté qu'elle ne se sentait pas bien et a appelé les ambulanciers.

Le mari de Richardson, l'acteur Liam Neeson, tourne actuellement à Toronto le drame Chloe, sous la direction du réalisateur canadien Atom Egoyan. Une attachée de presse du film a affirmé au réseau CTV qu'il a quitté le plateau pour accourir au chevet de sa femme.

Le couple a deux garçons. Natasha Richardson est la fille de l'actrice Vanessa Redgrave et du défunt cinéaste Tony Richardson.

Mme Richardson a été lauréate d'un Tony Award, une récompense annuelle dans le domaine du théâtre, en 1998 pour sa performance dans Cabaret.

Filmographie

Wild Child (2008)
Evening (2007)
The White Countess (2005)
Asylum (2005)
Maid in Manhattan (2002)
Waking Up in Reno (2002)
Chelsea Walls (2001)
Blow Dry (2001)
The Parent Trap (1998)
Nell (1994)
Widows' Peak (1994)
Past Midnight (1991)
The Favour, the Watch and the Very Big Fish (1991)
The Comfort of Strangers (1990)
The Handmaid's Tale (1990)
Fat Man and Little Boy (1989)
Patty Hearst (1988)
A Month in the Country (1987)
Gothic (1986)
Every Picture Tells a Story (1983)

Syt

I have to say that I've only seen Handmaid's Tale with her. Then again that's required viewing for all Languishites.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

DGuller

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

DGuller

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 17, 2009, 04:05:48 PM
Quote from: DGuller on March 17, 2009, 03:59:37 PM
This story has been pulled for now.

So, not dead?
Not yet, at least not officially.  However, this sounds like subdural hematoma that wasn't diagnosed promptly, which is bad news.  I am not a doctor, though, and I never even slept at the Holiday Inn Express.

DGuller

And there are other reports out there that she was already discharged from the hospital.

viper37

Quote from: Syt on March 17, 2009, 03:34:27 PM
I have to say that I've only seen Handmaid's Tale with her. Then again that's required viewing for all Languishites.
not if they are in Ontario.  It's been banned by schools.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

QuoteWhile friends, fans, and colleagues try to stay hopeful about her condition, Natasha Richardson is reported to be brain dead and taken to a hospital in New York City where she is on life support.
According to Fox News, sources close to the actress say the New York transfer was in preparation for her to be taken off of life support.
Richardson was first hospitalized in Canada after a ski accident on Monday. Her husband Liam Neeson and their two sons are at her side.
http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2009/03/report-natasha-richardson-be-taken-life-support
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Caliga

The weird thing is that, having seen pictures of her, I don't recognize her at all.  Has her look changed alot recently?

OTOH her sister Joely is instantly recognizable to me.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Korea

I want my mother fucking points!

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Admiral Yi

In honor of Natasha I watched about six minutes of A Handmaid's Tale the other day.

dps

The moral is, never need emergency care in a French-speaking area.  Frogs are apparantly no better at that than they are at fighting Germans.   Which we  should have already learned from Princess Di.

Razgovory

Quote from: dps on March 22, 2009, 12:06:29 PM
The moral is, never need emergency care in a French-speaking area.  Frogs are apparantly no better at that than they are at fighting Germans.   Which we  should have already learned from Princess Di.

In addition to his skill on the battlefield Napaleon was a world renown surgeon.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017