Miniskirts "biggest workplace eyesore", says poll

Started by HisMajestyBOB, July 07, 2009, 01:54:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HisMajestyBOB

QuoteMiniskirt Biggest Eyesore at Workplace

By Bae Ji-sook
Staff Reporter

Micro-miniskirts may be pleasing on the eye to some, but they're not going down so well in the workplace, a survey revealed Monday.

Revealing clothes that show off too much leg or cleavage and women staggering in ``killer heels'' are among some of the ``eyesores" ranked by respondents to a poll run by job portal site www.career.co.kr.

In the survey of 1,254 workers, about 74 percent said they felt upset with their co-workers' attire. Around 56 percent of them cited micro-miniskirts, or a skirt eight to 10 inches above the knee, as their chief complaint.

Shirts showing cleavage, low-rise pants that reveal underwear when bending over, ``killer heels'' that exceed 10 centimeters, or outfits that are too flashy were others offered in reference to females.

Stains on shirts made up the lion's share ㅡ at 48.4 percent ㅡ among problems identified among men.

Wearing colorful underwear underneath a white shirt, slippers or sandals and sleeveless clothes to work all raised the frowns of co-workers, the survey said.

But few dare to mention their qualms those who commit a work apparel faux pas.

About 58.2 percent said they just tolerate it, while 18.5 percent said they talk about it behind the person's back. Only 12.5 percent shared their feelings with the individuals concerned, the survey added.

[email protected]

Korea Times

More proof that Korean women are too good for Korean men.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Brazen

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on July 07, 2009, 01:54:51 AM
Shirts showing cleavage,
I thought for a minute that said skirts showing cleavage. 'Cos, you know, that would be too short.

Barrister

Quote from: Brazen on July 07, 2009, 02:10:17 AM
Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on July 07, 2009, 01:54:51 AM
Shirts showing cleavage,
I thought for a minute that said skirts showing cleavage. 'Cos, you know, that would be too short.

I'm not convinced...
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Syt

In other news: short miniskirts are the #1 cause of work related accidents among male workers.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

DisturbedPervert

In the survey of 1,254 workers, about 74 percent said they felt upset with their co-workers' attire

Mainly because they can't get inside of it

CountDeMoney

Chubby Korean chicks stuffed into miniskirts would be a marginal improvement over chubby dazzling urbanite chicks stuffed into miniskirts.

DisturbedPervert

Kaeso

Josquius

At school at least it was always the girls who really shouldn't be wearing such things who did whilst the hot girls dressed rather normally. Maybe its the same situation in work?
██████
██████
██████

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 07, 2009, 05:39:53 AM
Chubby Korean chicks stuffed into miniskirts would be a marginal improvement over chubby dazzling urbanite chicks stuffed into miniskirts.

:lol:  Well said.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Siege

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

DGuller

Quote from: Syt on July 07, 2009, 02:16:19 AM
In other news: short miniskirts are the #1 cause of work related accidents among male workers.
That sounds implausible.  I'm sure they can turn you on, but will they really make you have an accident?

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!