Operation Enduring Nuremberg: The Trump Diaspora begins...con carne!

Started by CountDeMoney, February 21, 2017, 11:35:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: LaCroix on February 28, 2017, 07:56:37 PM
trump's campaign message wasn't "let's make america fascist!" certain groups/people would have you believe that, but those are ridiculous arguments coming from "bush = hitler!" types. it's the same damn thing all over again, with the same people (+ new generation!) involved.

Or Obama = Hitler or Clinton=Hitler etc...

Yes I have been making jokes about the fact that every President we elect turns out to be Hitler for awhile.

But I thought everything Trump promised was horrible so it is not surprising that I find it horrible when he does what he said he would do.

But anyway Oex's friends and colleagues are being directly affected so he is upset.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

crazy canuck

trump's campaign message wasn't "let's make america fascist!"

Media can't be trusted - except for the media run by his supporters - check
Need a nationalist agenda - check
conspiracy plots that need to be addressed by increasing the power of the state - check
anti-intellectualism - check

I am sure there is more but that was the low hanging fruit.

derspiess

Quote from: crazy canuck on March 01, 2017, 10:16:50 AM

conspiracy plots that need to be addressed by increasing the power of the state - check

The "action, not words" thing had a fascist tone to it, but a lot of that tended to come from his supporters rather than the campaign itself.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

viper37

Quote from: LaCroix on February 28, 2017, 07:49:21 PM
some people really think trump is basically mordor,
Probably, but not here.

Quotecorrupting into fascism everything he touches.
It's getting close.

Quoteno actual arguments,
There have been plenty.  Can't you read the forum while CdM bans you every 2 days?
Oh, wait, you're talking about Trump having no actual arguments.  That is true.

Quotejust spouted fears based on a misunderstanding of the US population
Hard to deny.

Quoteand, more importantly, US government
Again, hard to deny.
[/quote]
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: derspiess on March 01, 2017, 10:27:29 AM
Quote from: crazy canuck on March 01, 2017, 10:16:50 AM

The "action, not words" thing had a fascist tone to it, but a lot of that tended to come from his supporters rather than the campaign itself.
and he aptly channelled it.  Just like other fascists leaders.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

FunkMonk

Tbh, I often say that to myself when I have to change a light bulb or a tire

I INVOKE FÜHRERPRINZIP
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

jimmy olsen

trump's campaign message wasn't "let's make america fascist!" certain groups/people would have you believe that, but those are ridiculous arguments coming from "bush = hitler!" types. it's the same damn thing all over again, with the same people (+ new generation!) involved.

I was around for President Bush, I voted for Bush twice, the arguments are not the same at all.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

LaCroix

sure they are. bush and trump are different people, and they're running different presidencies, but the some of the more severe complaints stem from the same irrational dislike for any cause that goes against their own.

FunkMonk

Quote from: LaCroix on March 01, 2017, 08:25:47 PM
sure they are. bush and trump are different people, and they're running different presidencies, but the some of the more severe complaints stem from the same irrational dislike for any cause that goes against their own.

I don't quite understand. Could you explain more about this?

LaCroix

FunkMonk

Eddie Teach

Quote from: FunkMonk on March 01, 2017, 08:52:18 PM
Quote from: LaCroix on March 01, 2017, 08:25:47 PM

I don't quite understand. Could you explain more about this?

Liverals.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

LaCroix