News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Dems impatient; want second stimulus

Started by Phillip V, July 06, 2009, 04:25:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phillip V

http://blogs.abcnews.com/thenote/2009/07/dem-senator-second-stimulus-probably-needed.html

QuoteAs job losses mount, Democrats are growing impatient about the impact of the massive stimulus package passed earlier this year, with talk beginning on Capitol Hill about a possible second stimulus bill.

Fate

Excellent news. I need me some more right wing hand wringing.

Faeelin

Pff, good luck getting it through Congress. They were in a hurry to pass the last one without proper study because OMG NEED JOBS NOW. They still have hundreds of billions of dollars unspent.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Neil

Quote from: Faeelin on July 06, 2009, 05:01:36 PM
Pff, good luck getting it through Congress. They were in a hurry to pass the last one without proper study because OMG NEED JOBS NOW. They still have hundreds of billions of dollars unspent.
Indeed.  They barely got the first one through, and the backlash has been significant.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

KRonn

Oh no! But the first spendulus has hardly even begun to spend! What, are they going to try and do stimulus right this time??  <_<

crazy canuck

Quote from: jimmy olsen on July 06, 2009, 05:04:06 PM
:bleeding: We're in debt enough.

I am beginning to think that US debt doesnt actually matter.  It was too large before the bail out packages but that didnt stop anything.  The US is too important to let fail.  They are the GM of the industrialized nations.

Fate

Quote from: Neil on July 06, 2009, 05:11:42 PM
Quote from: Faeelin on July 06, 2009, 05:01:36 PM
Indeed.  They barely got the first one through, and the backlash has been significant.

Not really. A bunch of white trash hicks running around with a few FOX News camera crews does not constitute significance.

Neil

Quote from: crazy canuck on July 06, 2009, 05:42:29 PM

I am beginning to think that US debt doesnt actually matter.  It was too large before the bail out packages but that didnt stop anything.  The US is too important to let fail.  They are the GM of the industrialized nations.
On the other hand, if they run into enough trouble that they're going to fail, how could the other industrialized economies stop them?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Fate

Quote from: crazy canuck on July 06, 2009, 05:42:29 PM

The limits that define "too large" are our supply of ink and paper. We're good on both accounts.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Fate on July 06, 2009, 05:43:36 PM
Not really. A bunch of white trash hicks running around with a few FOX News camera crews does not constitute significance.
Polls show that around half the country is concerned about the size of the deficit.

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 06, 2009, 06:16:16 PM
Polls show that around half the country is concerned about the size of the deficit.

Though not concerned enough to do something.  As our hallowed former VP said.  "Deficits don't matter."
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

KRonn

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 06, 2009, 06:16:16 PM
Lots of Dems as well, are getting quite concerned. Colin Powell, Warren Buffet, both Obama supporters, have voiced their concerns. Good thing that at least one news channel isn't in the tank too far to report some of the spending concerns.

KRonn

A week or two ago, even President Obama said the country was out of money!