The Operating System Poll, 2017 Edition

Started by CountDeMoney, January 31, 2017, 11:41:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What operating systems do you currently use?

Windows 10
43 (79.6%)
Windows 7 or 8.1
15 (27.8%)
Macintosh OS X
10 (18.5%)
Linux (any version)
6 (11.1%)
Google Chrome OS
2 (3.7%)
Android
22 (40.7%)
iPhone iOS
11 (20.4%)
Other (list below)
0 (0%)
Completely outdated bullshit, e.g. Windows XP, DOS 2.0, IBM System/360, Remington
1 (1.9%)

Total Members Voted: 54

The Larch

Win 10 at home, Win 7 at work, Android in my phone.

Grey Fox

I voted Win 10, Android & Chrome OS but really I use them all at work.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Maladict

Home PC on Win10
Private phone on Android
Work phone on iOs, but as I don't care for it I haven't bothered with working out how to do anything other than make calls.

DontSayBanana

Windows 10 for both home computers, iOS, and Linux for anything at school where I'm not using Windows (e.g. most of my networking classwork).
Experience bij!

viper37

Linux Mint on my server, KDE edition once I find the time for it.
Android for my business phones.
Windows 10 on all other PCs.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

derspiess

8.1 on my main desktop at home, because that's the last version that supports Media Center, which remains one of the best DVR interfaces out there despite Microsoft's hatred for it.  Win10 on most everything else.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on February 01, 2017, 10:20:26 AM
8.1 on my main desktop at home, because that's the last version that supports Media Center, which remains one of the best DVR interfaces out there despite Microsoft's hatred for it.  Win10 on most everything else.

I really wish I had the foresight to partition my drives to keep both Windows OS, exactly because of Media Center.

Fate

Win 10 on desktop, macOS on laptop, and Android on my phone.

viper37

Kodi with its DVR addons will do the trick, I think.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

derspiess

Quote from: viper37 on February 01, 2017, 04:29:07 PM
Kodi with its DVR addons will do the trick, I think.

Probably.  But Media Center extended through Xbox 360s is rock solid for me.  I am playing around with Kodi on the wife's Win10 laptop, though.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

MadBurgerMaker

10 and iOS both at work and home, Android on the phone. 

Agelastus

Windows 7 on my PC; it will probably die before support expires and I still prefer it to 10.

10 on my laptop and on the machine I use at work.
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

Syt

Win 10 on my games PC and private laptop. Win 7 (possible upgrade this year) on work laptop. Android on private phone. iOS on company phone.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.