Main Menu

RIP John Hurt

Started by Drakken, January 27, 2017, 08:52:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drakken

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Drakken

2017, couldn't you wait before being even more shitty?

I BLAME YOU, TRUMP!

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

grumbler

One of my favorites, but this was the least shocking death ever.  He was 77 and had just undergone a long treatment for an almost-incurable cancer.  He had good innings.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

dps

Yeah, I had missed it, but apparently he'd announced a couple of years ago that he had pancreatic cancer.  That's a real, real bad one.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

celedhring

Wasn't aware of his health problems. Nonetheless he had a pretty fine run. RIP  :(

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Josephus

Gestating an alien does bad things to your body.

:(
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Duque de Bragança

Less of a shock, given the circumstances, but still a loss.
RIP

:(

Agelastus

"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."