News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Help Yi Buy a Car

Started by Admiral Yi, January 26, 2017, 03:53:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zanza

Has anybody seen "Grand Tour"? If so, is it any good? I found Top Gear getting repetitive when it was still on (with the three guys, never saw the new one).

Admiral Yi

Went to dealership to get my trade in appraised.  As I was leaving I saw a young Chinese couple getting out of a '15 Mustang GTO with a Chinese looking salesman.  Fascinating that a dealership in Iowa City, Iowa hires a Chinese speaker.

11B4V

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 06, 2017, 09:34:50 PM
Went to dealership to get my trade in appraised.  As I was leaving I saw a young Chinese couple getting out of a '15 Mustang GTO with a Chinese looking salesman.  Fascinating that a dealership in Iowa City, Iowa hires a Chinese speaker.

Mustang GTO?
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Monoriu

Chinese salesmen are everywhere.  I see them in Europe, Thailand and Japan all the time.  Even in remote hotels in Japan, they hire Chinese students.  The sad truth is lots of Chinese only speak Chinese. 

11B4V

Quote from: Monoriu on February 06, 2017, 10:02:01 PM

Chinese salesmen are everywhere.  I see them in Europe, Thailand and Japan all the time.  Even in remote hotels in Japan, they hire Chinese students.  The sad truth is lots of Chinese only speak Chinese.

You buy, cheap, cheap.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Ed Anger

There was a story on the TV awhile back that dealerships near universities cater to the chinaman college students. They love the American muscle cars. They still drive like shit though.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: 11B4V on February 06, 2017, 10:00:24 PM

Mustang GTO?

Ooooh!  The Rhino Dick Soup package!

Ed Anger

I wish the fuckers would get a different haircut.

Admiral Yi

Mustang GTO?

No?  thought I saw the Mustang grill emblem and it said GTO on the back.

11B4V

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 06, 2017, 10:08:59 PM
Mustang GTO?

No?  thought I saw the Mustang grill emblem and it said GTO on the back.

GT yes. GTO is pontiac.

CountDeMoney

Ed Anger

Admiral Yi

No shit Sherrock.  I expect to see signs announcing Chinese spoken in obvious tourist destinations.  Not an Iowa City car dealership.

Barrister

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 06, 2017, 10:20:08 PM

No shit Sherrock.  I expect to see signs announcing Chinese spoken in obvious tourist destinations.  Not an Iowa City car dealership.

Iowa City is the home to the University of Iowa, right?  I bet there's quite a few Chinese students studying there.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Admiral Yi

It's done.  :)

See what y'all are saying about the heaters. Toasty!