Started by Admiral Yi, January 26, 2017, 03:53:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Admiral Yi

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 02, 2017, 09:59:42 AM
Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on February 02, 2017, 12:26:54 AM
The back seat is only supposed to be used as a nice garage decoration after you bring the vehicle home for the first time.

Is it detachable?  :hmm:

Yeah, there's a little latch bar under and toward the back.  You sort of press it up and the latches on either end of the seat will unclip and you can pull the back seat out  (IIRC..it's been a while since I had my Jeep).  Gives you a lot more room in the back for stuff too.  Have the sales dude show you. 

E: Hell, if you're going to take it out, have him help you unhook and move it out of position before you leave and just make sure you don't have a wreck that will cause the back seat to fly through your head+windshield on the way home.  It's easier with two people.  I left a nice gouge in the sub in the back dragging the stupid thing out of there by myself.

Admiral Yi

That makes it a more realistic option.  Still I think I'll go 4 door, just in case I hook up with any divorcees with kids.  :ph34r:

Makes me wonder why the fuck they even bother putting in that back seat though.  Just make it a straight 2 seater with a flat bed.  Although I guess with the top off you could climb in the back.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 02, 2017, 12:15:00 PM
That makes it a more realistic option.  Still I think I'll go 4 door, just in case I hook up with any divorcees with kids.  :ph34r:

Makes me wonder why the fuck they even bother putting in that back seat though.  Just make it a straight 2 seater with a flat bed.  Although I guess with the top off you could climb in the back.

You have it right here. Your Bro in the front & the 2 chicks in back. In Bikinis going to the beach. It makes sense when you are 23.

MadBurgerMaker

I did like my 4 door more than the 2 when it came to the every day shit (which is what you're going to be using it for 99% of the time).   The seats in the back of those fold flat, giving you a pretty good amount of cargo space.  You can also take the top off to open up the cargo area a bit more, although the roll bar is still in the way.

Younger kids can jump into that 2 door back seat pretty easily, from what I've seen.  It's an ordeal for anyone older than like 12 though.  E:  Although, now that I'm thinking of it, when my in-laws came to visit, they had some trouble getting in to the back of the JKU (there's no way they could have gotten into the back of the 2 door even if I had the seat in there).  The doors are pretty small and it's kinda high off the ground.  They're old though. vOv

Admiral Yi

Kinda cool I sold off all my mom's AT&T the day before it dropped 2.5%. :yeah:

Admiral Yi

What would be a reasonable discount to hold out for?  Ask for double what he offers at first?

Admiral Yi

He offered me a grand off list, I said drop it another 200 skins and we have a deal.  I figure I left plenty of money on the table, but was hamstrung by the lack of help from youse all. :mad:

Eddie Teach

200? That's pretty weak haggling there.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Eddie Teach on February 02, 2017, 04:26:58 PM
200? That's pretty weak haggling there.

I was expecting his first offer to be $500 and was taken aback. And I got NO HELP.

Grey Fox

I know nothing, I buy cars new.

grumbler

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 02, 2017, 04:33:51 PM
I was expecting his first offer to be $500 and was taken aback. And I got NO HELP.

You should know better than to ask for help here during the work day.  Trump supporters have actual jobs we need to be at.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Barrister

Anyways... congrats on the new Jeep!  We demand pics! :yeah:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

mongers

Make sure you get a wheel at each corner.   :ph34r:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"