Started by Admiral Yi, January 26, 2017, 03:53:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Berkut on January 27, 2017, 10:45:58 AM
Aren't Jeeps like the most unreliable, shitty cars in America?

I suppose any vehicle could qualify for that description if the owner doesn't take care of it.

Don't you mean "shittiest" as opposed to "shitty," or are there reliable, shitty cars out there too?  And if so, which ones are the most reliable, shitty cars in America?

CountDeMoney

Whew, thanks for the link! 

crazy canuck

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 27, 2017, 12:28:25 AM
I don't need AWD.  I need a car can handle slick and has some cool.

You said you wanted a car for ice and snow.  Why wouldn't you need AWD for that?  If you don't care about safety in those conditions get whatever you want.  But if you do care about driving safely in those conditions look again at the Subaru.   The gas mileage is about equivalent to other non AWD vehicles in its class.  So, from a safety and cost perspective, its an easy choice.

Barrister

Quote from: crazy canuck on January 27, 2017, 04:29:53 PM

You said you wanted a car for ice and snow.  Why wouldn't you need AWD for that?  If you don't care about safety in those conditions get whatever you want.  But if you do care about driving safely in those conditions look again at the Subaru.   The gas mileage is about equivalent to other non AWD vehicles in its class.  So, from a safety and cost perspective, its an easy choice.

He wants it to "have some cool".  Not sure a Subaru qualifies.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Barrister

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on January 27, 2017, 04:49:56 PM
WRX are pretty slick.

Admiral Yi is asian, so maybe he would think a ricer car would be cool... :hmm:

dps

Look at a Ford Focus or Chevy Impala.

Barrister

What our good friend Yi should do is just own the mid-life crisis and buy a Mustang or Camaro.  Put some snow ties on the thing and it'll be passable for winter driving.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Barrister on January 27, 2017, 05:54:21 PM
What our good friend Yi should do is just own the mid-life crisis and buy a Mustang or Camaro.  Put some snow ties on the thing and it'll be passable for winter driving.

:lol:  yeah, it'll be passable alright.  As all the 4x4s pass it when it's in a ditch.

mongers

I've thought about getting a car a few times recently :gasp:

But it's just too much hassle; legalities, paperwork, parking, traffic, more parking, dangerous texting arseholes on the roads, more traffic and finally having to park, lock and secure the thing from vandals/thieves at the end of the day. 
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Barrister

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 27, 2017, 05:57:24 PM
Quote from: Barrister on January 27, 2017, 05:54:21 PM

:lol:  yeah, it'll be passable alright.  As all the 4x4s pass it when it's in a ditch.

Bah.  I learned to drive in the winter in my parents old 1980 RWD Dodge Aspen, then spent many years driving my father's old 1984 RWD Thunderbird.  If you're careful you're fine.

Besides there's something oddly fun about being able to slide around corners at will on icy roads.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: mongers on January 27, 2017, 05:59:01 PM
I've thought about getting a car a few times recently :gasp:

But it's just too much hassle; legalities, paperwork, parking, traffic, more parking, dangerous texting arseholes on the roads, more traffic and finally having to park, lock and secure the thing from vandals/thieves at the end of the day.

Yeah, we had weirdos like that in rhe workplace before.  Smell like BO from biking to work, creating a hostile work environment with their sweaty assfunk.

celedhring

38 y/o and no driving license!  :cool:

Admiral Yi

Hey Fredo, toss me some accounting expertise.  If my mom pays the seller directly can we duck the gift tax?

Took a look at the used Mercs and Jeeps available at local dealers online.  Pretty punky selection.  And I don't get why the Jeep mother page says the Sport starts at 23 and the dealerships are listing one and two year old cars for 30+.