100th Anniversary of the Russian Revolution thread

Started by Valmy, January 26, 2017, 02:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

So we are approaching March 8th, 2017. Is anything going to be done to mark the occasion? Might the Russians flood into the streets to overthrow a corrupt and autocratic regime to celebrate?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

HVC

Quote from: Valmy on January 26, 2017, 02:04:46 PM
So we are approaching March 8th, 2017. Is anything going to be done to mark the occasion? Might the Russians flood into the streets to overthrow a corrupt and autocratic regime to celebrate?

Does the American government count? If so they're a few months early :P
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Valmy

Quote from: HVC on January 26, 2017, 02:08:10 PM

Hey! Our regime wasn't that autocratic.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Valmy on January 26, 2017, 03:57:53 PM
Quote from: HVC on January 26, 2017, 02:08:10 PM

Hey! Our regime wasn't that autocratic.

We're upsetting the international system at roughly the same order of magnitude.

Monoriu

The Russians now control the White House.  They have achieved ultimate victory.  Why should they overthrow their victorious leaders?

Razgovory

Quote from: Monoriu on January 26, 2017, 07:53:14 PM
The Russians now control the White House.  They have achieved ultimate victory.  Why should they overthrow their victorious leaders?

Because the Russian has an inborn desire to fuck himself over.  He is his own worst enemy.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

viper37

From what I gather, Russians are pretty happy at the way things are.  Any problems they may suffer are the fault of the outsiders and former ennemy countries like the US and NATO members bordering them.

Anything planned in Washington?  A joint Caps - US Army parade maybe? ;)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Valmy

Quote from: viper37 on January 26, 2017, 09:23:08 PM
From what I gather, Russians are pretty happy at the way things are.  Any problems they may suffer are the fault of the outsiders and former ennemy countries like the US and NATO members bordering them.

Anything planned in Washington?  A joint Caps - US Army parade maybe? ;)

The Caps should get a parade with the season they are enjoying.

CountDeMoney

Duque de Bragança

Does it mean after a few more months they get an even worse régime after a new revolution?  :P

Valmy

Valmy

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on January 27, 2017, 05:51:48 AM

Does it mean after a few more months they get an even worse régime after a new revolution?  :P

At least we would have eight months of hope :P

garbon

Royal Academy of Arts in London is having a Russian Revolution art show.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Liep

I'll be in Saint Petersburg in March so I hope there'll be some celebration.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

garbon

Quote from: Liep on January 27, 2017, 06:26:37 PM
I'll be in Saint Petersburg in March so I hope there'll be some celebration.

Oh I can't spend tourism dollars in states that hate gays.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.