News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

German Politics

Started by Syt, January 18, 2017, 01:07:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zanza

Germany's population grew by about 750.000 persons last year from migration and reaches the highest ever recorded at about 82.8 million (previous high was 82.5 million in 2002). Also the highest birth rate in 33 years.

Valmy

Quote from: Zanza on January 27, 2017, 04:08:43 PM
Germany's population grew by about 750.000 persons last year from migration and reaches the highest ever recorded at about 82.8 million (previous high was 82.5 million in 2002). Also the highest birth rate in 33 years.

Got to fill the ranks for when the Russians come pouring through the Fulda Gap.

Oh right you guys control both sides of that now.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Zanza on January 27, 2017, 04:08:43 PM

How many of your contemporaries are cranking out the jung volk? What percentage? Or have cranked them out?

Zanza

QuoteGermany to electronically tag all people on terror watchlist
Measure reflects tougher approach and will include those who have committed no crime

The German government will electronically tag all people on the country's terror watchlist even if they have committed no crime, reflecting a tougher approach in the wake of December's terror attack in Berlin.

The measure is one of several proposals agreed by the justice and interior ministries in the weeks after the attack, in which a 24-year-old Tunisian man, Anis Amri, drove a truck into crowds at a Christmas market, killing 12 people and wounding about 50.

It later emerged that Amri, who was killed in a shootout with Italian police a few days after the incident, had been classified by authorities as a potentially dangerous extremist and marked for deportation to Tunisia. But the attempt to send him back failed after the authorities there refused to recognise him as a citizen.

[...]

The tagging proposal had been agreed by justice minister Heiko Maas and interior minister Thomas de Maizière last month as part of a package of measures to beef up security.

Mr de Maizière said tags were "no silver bullet" but were an "important instrument, to make it easier to monitor people".

The tag is a GPS transmitter attached to the leg which emits a signal when a suspect approaches a prohibited zone.

The DPA news agency said there were currently 88 people convicted of sex crimes or crimes of violence in Germany who have been released from prison and are wearing tags. But so far they have never been used for potential terrorists.
https://www.ft.com/content/ba7b6dae-e887-11e6-893c-082c54a7f539

Hmm, not sure what to think about it. Tagging innocents might be a bad precedent, but then the state has to react somehow. I am sure this will end up before our constitutional court eventually. About 500 persons would be affected by this.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Zanza on February 01, 2017, 01:50:44 PM
Hmm, not sure what to think about it. Tagging innocents might be a bad precedent,

:lol: Really?  This is the bad precedent?
Germans were never tagging innocents before?   :P

CountDeMoney

Fuck it.  You guys just need to rearm.  And get the bomb.

HVC

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 01, 2017, 09:01:52 PM

WWIII Germans the good guys and America the bad guys? M Night Shamalamadingdong would be proud of that twist.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Ed Anger

Quote from: HVC on February 01, 2017, 09:06:55 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 01, 2017, 09:01:52 PM

WWIII Germans the good guys and America the bad guys? M Night Shamalamadingdong would be proud of that twist.

Trump America and Le Pen France attacking from the west and Putin coming from the east.

Excuse me, I got my pants soggy. BRB.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Valmy

I will be on the same side France is on.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Valmy

Quote from: Ed Anger on February 01, 2017, 09:09:05 PM
Trump America and Le Pen France attacking from the west and Putin coming from the east.

Excuse me, I got my pants soggy. BRB.

En avant!

HVC

Quote from: Valmy on February 01, 2017, 09:09:28 PM

Running in the opposite direction of their allies? :unsure:

YeH, it was an easy target, but dammit in this day and age you need to take joy where you can.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

Ed Anger

Quote from: HVC on February 01, 2017, 09:14:25 PM

YeH, it was an easy target, but dammit in this day and age you need to take joy where you can.

You are NOT invited to my summer residence.

HVC

:o :(

Like I would have gotten an invite anyway :lol:

Ed Anger

I'd just make you pick apples.

Valmy

Quote from: HVC on February 01, 2017, 09:14:25 PM

I am sure any holes in the lines will be eagerly plugged by the fearless Porto-Canuck reservists.