Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

STFU, slavboy.

All fucking Serbs must fucking hang.

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 17, 2017, 08:56:35 PM
STFU, slavboy.

All fucking Serbs must fucking hang.

Sorry not a dirty gypsy. German, Irish, and Scottish here.

:blurgh:
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Ed Anger

I wonder if Camp Bondsteel still has that Burger King.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Tamas

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 17, 2017, 08:50:27 PM
Quote from: Valmy on January 17, 2017, 08:32:49 PM
I am so glad we decided to recognize their independence.

Who, Kosovo?  It's just a mail code to send the check from the Kosovo Aid concert, which is the most we will do when Serbia goes in an buttfucks them into rape-rape camps under the fatherly, pan-Slavic gaze of Moscow.   But it's OK, operators are standing by to accept your donation, any donation, so little ethnic war refugee Bupchik can eat, and not only will you get this great little tote bag, but you'll know that little Bupchick won't go to bed hungry despite the forced anal fissure.

:lol: That's like, an entire industry in the UK

URGENT YEMEN APPEAL *queue picture Arabic-looking sad kid*

derspiess

:bleeding:  We got conned.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Josquius

If Serbia recognises Kosovo then maybe they can discuss land swaps like sensible people.  I'm sure I recall there are some Albanian parts of Serbia proper.
But no.  That would be too sensible.
██████
██████
██████

viper37

Quote from: derspiess on January 18, 2017, 10:38:20 AM

:bleeding:  We got conned.
the world would be better if there were only 4-5 countries...
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Valmy

Quote from: viper37 on January 18, 2017, 01:36:04 PM
the world would be better if there were only 4-5 countries...

No we should split the world up into 7 billion countries!

See I can post stupid strawmen as well.

But beyond the stupidity of splitting up the Balkans into dozens of microstates I think picking sides in an ethnic question like this is just a bad idea.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

alfred russel

Quote from: Valmy on January 18, 2017, 01:42:29 PM

But beyond the stupidity of splitting up the Balkans into dozens of microstates I think picking sides in an ethnic question like this is just a bad idea.

And if we are going to pick sides in an ethnic question, why did we go for the albanians?
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

derspiess

Quote from: alfred russel on January 18, 2017, 02:21:48 PM
And if we are going to pick sides in an ethnic question, why did we go for the albanians?

They appeared to be the victims.  They were Muslim-ish (the Islamic world will love us if we step up and help their own).  And they were fighting against the Serbs.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Crazy_Ivan80

wouldn't it be easier for the serbs to just shoot themselves in their feet?

viper37

Quote from: Valmy on January 18, 2017, 01:42:29 PM
Like Israel and Palestine? Like Yemen?  Rwanda?  World War II?  Ukraine War?
Most fights are about ethnic questions.  A few about natural resources.

Either you support Trump's world view, that nothing else matters beyond your borders, or you protect the right of a nation to determine its own fate, especially when they face genocidal maniacs.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Valmy

Quote from: viper37 on January 19, 2017, 04:09:50 PM
Either you support Trump's world view, that nothing else matters beyond your borders, or you protect the right of a nation to determine its own fate, especially when they face genocidal maniacs.

So those are the only two options? Isolationism and some kind of ideology based on collective rights? Not buying it.

And yeah picking a side in those conflicts listed would not only make us party to atrocities but would get us mixed up in interminable and endless struggles. I think stopping the massacre in Rwanda (which, in any case, we did not do anyway) does not require one to pick up the Tutsi flag. There are other reasons to oppose genocide than that.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Valmy on January 19, 2017, 09:22:12 PM
Quote from: viper37 on January 19, 2017, 04:09:50 PM

So those are the only two options? Isolationism and some kind of ideology based on collective rights? Not buying it.

The real issue with Der Furor's foreign policy isn't just about a blinkered reactionary isolationism (we've always had that bouncing around in varying degrees of intensity), but a complete rejection of the traditional international relations model.  To these people, state actors aren't the primary threats to the United States, it's religious/ethnic threats: Islam, immigrants, and some sort of faceless international "cabal" (read:  :Joos).   That's why this incoming administration is such bad news.

Solmyr

Isn't his son-in-law part of the  :Joos ?