January 2021 - What state is America and the World in after Trump?

Started by mongers, January 14, 2017, 01:54:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

With about a week to go before he gains power, I'd like your best predictions for the state of America and the World following a probable 4 years of Trump rule.

I know a lot of you rate yourselves as geo-poltical wonks, so you've a week to set out your AAR or story of the state of things come 20th January 2021; I'll lock the thread on this inauguration day.

And hopefully I'll be able to unlock it in four years time for comment on who was most prescient.  :D
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

viper37

China will be the dominant power in Asia.
Russia will be the dominant power in Eastern Europe, possibly in the entire Europe too, with a weakened European Union and an isolationist USA.

Eventually, either NATO disintegrates or Europe & Canada begin WWIII with Russia.

I expect either a low intensity conflict between China and the US, or some kind of alliance between Russia & China against the Western World, reconquering past territories, dividing their zone of influence.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: mongers on January 14, 2017, 01:54:04 PM
I'd like your best predictions for the state of America and the World following a probable 4 years of Trump rule.

LaCroix

america's cyber defense network is impenetrable and blankets the civilized world

CountDeMoney

Quote from: LaCroix on January 14, 2017, 04:48:42 PM
america's cyber defense network is impenetrable and blankets the civilized world

Is Microsoft really going to support Windows 7 Enterprise to 2021?

LaCroix

viper37

Quote from: LaCroix on January 14, 2017, 04:48:42 PM
America's cyber defense network is not the problem.  The Russians can't hack through most US gov servers.

The problem is everything else: States, Banks, non tech private corporations, public/semi public utility companies (like that electricity company in Maine that found a russian virus implanted on one of its laptops), universities, etc.
Banks are especially non secure.  Outdate protocols, antiquated tech.

It's just starting.  The US ennemies are simply probing your defenses for now.  Hacking through the Democrats e-mails was a piece of cake.  Euros have some vulnerable nuclear power plant, the security is apparently abysmal in some places.  Just wait until that lights goes off in the entire eastern seabord and you'll see mass panics and riots in the streets.  While the US is preoccupied there, something else will happen thousands of miles away.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

citizen k

Quote from: viper37 on January 14, 2017, 05:16:08 PMHacking through the Democrats e-mails was a piece of cake.

Especially when it was a leak not a hack.  ;)

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Monoriu

Quote from: Eddie Teach on January 14, 2017, 06:18:07 PM

I thought you were against Trump? :unsure:

I am.  That doesn't mean the economy can't do well on its own  ;)

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

DGuller

Ths time in 4 years, we'll be asking ourselves how the fuck that orange turd got re-elected.