News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

California’s Nightmare Will Kill Obamanomics

Started by jimmy olsen, July 06, 2009, 10:45:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

I am sure the Dems have made sure that you cannot possibly scam the system. They are huge fans of careful regulation, you know!

Oh wait...this isn't regulation of Big Evil Business, is it? Never mind then.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Caliga on July 08, 2009, 09:08:23 AM
After all, government seems to almost intentionally screw the middle class at every turn, so why not take advantage of one of the few bones thrown your way?  :cool:
Negro, please.

Caliga

Quote from: Berkut on July 08, 2009, 09:09:08 AM
I am sure the Dems have made sure that you cannot possibly scam the system. They are huge fans of careful regulation, you know!

Oh wait...this isn't regulation of Big Evil Business, is it? Never mind then.
:cool:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Caliga

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 08, 2009, 09:16:27 AM
Negro, please.
What?

Our government is a plutocracy, so clearly the interests of the wealthy are looked out for.  In addition, a big portion of the wealthy are made up of bleeding-hearts who assuage their guilt by trying to help the poor, so their interests are looked out for as well.

Who is missing from the above paragraph? :contract:

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Caliga on July 08, 2009, 09:21:07 AM
What?

Our government is a plutocracy, so clearly the interests of the wealthy are looked out for.  In addition, a big portion of the wealthy are made up of bleeding-hearts who assuage their guilt by trying to help the poor, so their interests are looked out for as well.

What is missing is even the vaguest reference to any actual policies.  Like home mortgage interest deductability, a middle class benefit.  Like student loan interest deductability, a middle class benefit.  Like child care tax credit.  Etc. etc.

Caliga

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 08, 2009, 09:25:00 AM
What?

What is missing is even the vaguest reference to any actual policies.  Like home mortgage interest deductability, a middle class benefit.  Like student loan interest deductability, a middle class benefit.  Like child care tax credit.  Etc. etc.
Ok, first of all, I don't do "reference(s) to any actual policies." ^_^

My role is to represent the angry white male.  In your head, imagine that I look like Michael Douglas with horn-rimmed glasses, a short-sleeved dress shirt and tie, and a crewcut.

Second of all, home mortgage interest deductibility used to be a good counterpoint until they started giving mortgages to all the poors.  :(

Vince

Quote from: Caliga on July 08, 2009, 09:30:16 AM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 08, 2009, 09:25:00 AM
What?

Ok, first of all, I don't do "reference(s) to any actual policies." ^_^

My role is to represent the angry white male.  In your head, imagine that I look like Michael Douglas with horn-rimmed glasses, a short-sleeved dress shirt and tie, and a crewcut.

Second of all, home mortgage interest deductibility used to be a good counterpoint until they started giving mortgages to all the poors.  :(

I just had this scary image of Cal pulling out an assault rifle when the cashier tells him the biscuits and gravy stand is empty.   :ph34r:

Caliga

It never empties.  They have: learned to fear my wrath.  :mad:

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on July 08, 2009, 09:08:23 AM
I don't think you should be embarassed to get it. :)

After all, government seems to almost intentionally screw the middle class at every turn, so why not take advantage of one of the few bones thrown your way?  :cool:

CORRECT!

Grab everything that isn't nailed down is my philosophy.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on July 08, 2009, 09:42:48 AM
It never empties.  They have: learned to fear my wrath.  :mad:

Raistlin's endless Biscuits and Gravy

Level 20 artifact
Is evil, as it calls people to it and gives them heart disease
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

KRonn

Quote from: Valmy on July 08, 2009, 08:49:10 AM
Quote from: Berkut on July 08, 2009, 08:46:29 AM
Well, I don't know about that. I think they are managing to tax me just fine.

But not anywhere near enough to cover expenses.

Thank you for the $8,000.00 check btw.  I was a first time homebuyer last month.
Government is now also giving $3,500 to 4,500 in the cash for clunkers program. Trade in  a gas guzzling "clunker" for something more economical, and get cash off the price of the car, paid by the govt.  Car has to be crushed, destroyed though, not resold by the dealer.

http://www.cars.gov/

Valmy

Quote44500

:blink: :bleeding:

Please tell me you meant to type '4,500'
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

KRonn

Hansmeister

Meanwhile California is proving once again that it is the land of fruits and nuts:

QuoteSeven days after the new fiscal year began, the state of California still appears to be far from a budget solution.

Disabled protesters, angry over cuts to vital services, were arrested outside the Capitol on Tuesday; inside, lawmakers bickered about fruits and juices.

A war of words developed between Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger and lawmakers over the fruit-related focus of three new bills.

"The governor is not against condiments. The governor's not against fruits of any kind," said spokesman Aaron McLear. "But he believes we ought to be focused on solving our budget crisis first and foremost."

Assembly bill 606 creates a commission to serve the marketing interests of the blueberry industry. Another bill defines "honey" to mean the natural food product resulting from the harvest of nectar by honey bees, and a third bill adopts regulations establishing definitions and standards for 100-percent pomegranate juice.

"Look, we're pro-condiment, we're pro-fruit, but the focus needs to be on the budget crisis," McLear said.

Senate Majority Leader Dean Florez (D-Fresno) called Governor Schwarzenegger's criticism "childish" and said he is fed up.

"The governor's turned from an action hero into just another politician," Senator Florez said. "He should really, really take a course on fundamental government on how the legislature works."

"The fact that he doesn't understand these things worries me," he added.

McLear shrugged off the criticism. "If others in the building want to level personal attacks, that's certainly their prerogative."

While the rhetoric escalated inside, at least a dozen protesters in wheelchairs were arrested for physically blocking the entrance to Governor Schwarzenegger's officer to protest his proposed cuts to healthcare.

The protesters were cited and released at the scene.

Governor Schwarzenegger said he plans to invite Assembly Speaker Karen Bass back to the bargaining table, but the Speaker's office said no call had come by Tuesday night.

Bass boycotted the meeting of the "big 5" lawmakers because she says the governor is demanding reforms instead of focusing on the budget deficit.

Darth Wagtaros

Well if Arnold came up with some pithy one liners things would probably improve.
PDH!