News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Pax Pamir, Languish PBEM

Started by Habbaku, January 05, 2017, 07:16:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solmyr

This means Cel had the Afghan Favor card from the start, and I got the British one when Tamas cravenly defected to the Russian side?

Also, shouldn't Tamas' tableau be up on top and Berk's come on the left side, to keep everyone in the play order? This affects where spies can travel, doesn't it?

Habbaku

Yes, I have no idea why Tamas parked his cards onto the left side of the board like that.  Ideally, he and Berkut loop around the board in a counter-clockwise fashion since, as Solmyr mentions, the way spies travel is tied to that.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Solmyr

Tamas

Quote from: Habbaku on January 17, 2017, 04:06:31 PM
Yes, I have no idea why Tamas parked his cards onto the left side of the board like that.  Ideally, he and Berkut loop around the board in a counter-clockwise fashion since, as Solmyr mentions, the way spies travel is tied to that.

Ouch, sorry folks. Let me redo it.

Tamas

Ok there is a new, fixed 008 file.

Tamas

Berkut

I will get to my turn this afternoon.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Berkut

OK, so I will spend 4 for Herat.

Play Herat to get two back from the bank.

Add two spies to that card.

Refresh the Market.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Solmyr

Fath Ali Shah of Persia decides to appoint Ghaem Magham Farahani as his Prime Minister.

I will purchase Ghaem Magham Farahani for free and take the one rupee on the card.

Play him and add three spies to the card.

(IC AAR text in italic, I think it's more fun that way :) ).

Habbaku

At Niagara convention this weekend, so will be a little delayed.  Should get my turn out on Sunday, most likely.  Sorry, folks.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tamas

Quote from: Habbaku on January 20, 2017, 12:05:08 AM
At Niagara convention this weekend, so will be a little delayed.  Should get my turn out on Sunday, most likely.  Sorry, folks.

Ah, I should have guessed the two of you are going to your annual love nest, hence to TS turns from either of you :P

No worries, though :)

Habbaku

Will do my turn tonight.  Stuck in an airport right now.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

The ancient citadel of Bala Hissar, located in Southern Kabul, is steadily garrisoned by a fresh Russian force.  With this newfound security in the heart of Afghanistan, the Russian commanders in the Transcaspian feel confident enough to engage the barbaric tribes of Persia, inflicting some damage in a skirmish on the borders.

Buy Bala Hissar for 0, taking 1 Rupee from the card itself.
Play Bala Hissar from hand.  Deploy 1 Russian Army to Kabul.
Thanks to this (attaining 1 red star in my tableau, breaking the tie), I gain the Russian Favor card.
Campaign action (free action, since regime is Military Struggle) to send the Russian army in Transcaspian to Persia and kill 1 Purple (Solmyr's) tribe.

Over to Celedhring.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

celedhring

Will post mine as soon as I come back from work.   :)