News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Oh, the heady, carefree days of college

Started by CountDeMoney, January 05, 2017, 07:22:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

I'd give my opinion of young people today but it might hurt the delicate feelings of the whiny pussies here. Like Zoupa and his vagina bleed.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Zoupa

Quote from: Ed Anger on January 05, 2017, 10:48:26 AM
I'd give my opinion of young people today but it might hurt the delicate feelings of the whiny pussies here. Like Zoupa and his vagina bleed.

Dude go for it, I find this shit retarded too :P

Ed Anger

Quote from: Zoupa on January 05, 2017, 11:18:05 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on January 05, 2017, 10:48:26 AM

Dude go for it, I find this shit retarded too :P

I spent my anger frothing in the other thread.  :P
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Valmy

I do think it is annoying that after years of fighting with the right wingers about prayer and religious indoctrination in public schools, now left wingers want to use tax payer money to fund prayer rooms.

We give you fucks tax exemptions. That should be good enough.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

merithyn

Quote from: Tamas on January 05, 2017, 09:31:37 AM
What is an undocumented student?

Someone in the United States without legal documentation to be here, ie a student Visa.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Valmy

Quote from: merithyn on January 05, 2017, 11:59:33 AM

Someone in the United States without legal documentation to be here, ie a student Visa.

And they are somehow applying, getting into, and taking courses at Universities?

Edit: Wait I guess they get over here on a student Visa and let it expire?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Admiral Yi

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 05, 2017, 09:27:28 AM
You Canuckistanians and your Injun hangups.  Even the Frenchie ones hate 'em.  It'a fur trapper thingy, isn't it?

It's an alcoholic panhandler thing.

celedhring

Quote from: Valmy on January 05, 2017, 12:00:27 PM
Quote from: merithyn on January 05, 2017, 11:59:33 AM

And they are somehow applying, getting into, and taking courses at Universities?

Apparently, in many places it's not illegal for them to do so. Although they don't have access to the kind of financial assistance that makes it easy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Undocumented_students_in_the_United_States

QuoteAdmission & enrollment[edit]
There is no federal law that prohibits the admission of undocumented immigrants to U.S. colleges and universities, public or private, nor does federal law require students to prove citizenship in order to enter U.S. institutions of higher education.[24] However, every institution has its own policies on admitting undocumented students. For example, following a 2003 recommendation by the state attorney general, many 4-year state colleges in Virginia require applicants to submit proof of citizenship or legal residency, and refuse admission to students without documentation.[24] This policy is not, however, a state law. South Carolina and Alabama, do not allow undocumented students to apply to public universities[25]

Guess I wasted all that money on my F-1!

Valmy

Ah.

Weird. Who knew?

But yeah I doubt most members of the demographic in question can pay for their tuition in cash. I wonder if they can get residency for tuition purposes.

Tamas

What the kind of fucked up system you have over there? How can somebody without a legal permit to be in the country apply and go to college/uni? What is the point of visas then, to begin with? Apart from creating an underclass of servants that will fix your roof for pennies, that is.

Valmy

Quote from: Tamas on January 05, 2017, 12:11:49 PM
What the kind of fucked up system you have over there? How can somebody without a legal permit to be in the country apply and go to college/uni? What is the point of visas then, to begin with? Apart from creating an underclass of servants that will fix your roof for pennies, that is.

It is nice when people answer their own question.

celedhring

When I was applying for US colleges pretty much everyone asked me whether I would have a Visa. Some went even further and wanted proof of ties with Spain, to prove I wasn't likely to go AWOL and become an illegal alien if they took me in. So I'm not sure there are that many that accept undocumenteds.

Those were all big, post-grad colleges though. It might be different for undergrads and regional institutions.

Berkut

This is the kind of ridiculousness that has come to define "the left", and it is incredibly damaging.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Berkut on January 05, 2017, 12:20:21 PM
This is the kind of ridiculousness that has come to define "the left", and it is incredibly damaging.

Which is unfortunate, because it really defines "the young."  But they just don't stop coming. :lol: