LOL, welcome to what it feels like to be in the private sector, Feds: buttf#$@&%

Started by CountDeMoney, January 05, 2017, 06:42:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: FunkMonk on January 05, 2017, 11:34:26 AM
But yeah, this is all a sham. They'll just fire and cut salaries of programs they hate and dump all the money into agencies they love while farming out contracts to their friends and relatives in business. Just like the private sector LMAOOZZZ

It is clearly going to be used for political reasons not reasons of management efficiency, no doubt. And it will be corrupt as hell. SO SAD.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Caliga

Quote from: Valmy on January 05, 2017, 11:45:08 AM
It is clearly going to be used for political reasons not reasons of management efficiency, no doubt. And it will be corrupt as hell. SO SAD.
Bigly.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Josquius

And here we all thought Trumps platform was about helping low paid people.  :hmm:
Oh well.  Trump voters played with  fire....
██████
██████
██████

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on January 05, 2017, 08:22:14 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 05, 2017, 08:18:03 AM
Quote from: Berkut on January 05, 2017, 08:07:03 AM
I have exactly zero faith that this administration can in fact oversee the rational cuts and restructuring needed, however. Congress should in fact have VERY broad power to manage the federal workforce.

Oh, there'll be rational cuts and restructuring, alright.  Just not where you think it would be.  Public health?  Pfft.  Environment?  Ha!  Food chain safety?  Teh market!

Enjoy your new drinking water arsenic levels, America.  Oh wait, you'll never know because there'll be nobody to test for it, LOLZ. #DTS

https://www.amazon.com/ITS-Arsenic-Quick-Test-Kit/dp/B001SIMQW8

QuoteCurrently unavailable We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.

Case: rested. :P

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on January 05, 2017, 12:30:19 PM
Seedy hates the private sector almost as much as Obama does.

To be fair the private sector really hates him as well.

Obama was pro-TPP so he was a private sector warrior. Unlike that Commie Autarky Trump.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Valmy on January 05, 2017, 12:32:45 PM
Quote from: derspiess on January 05, 2017, 12:30:19 PM
Seedy hates the private sector almost as much as Obama does.

To be fair the private sector really hates him as well.

And how. :lol:  Obama as well.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

HisMajestyBOB

So now we know what they're doing with the lists of everyone who worked on climate change, etc.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 05, 2017, 12:29:05 PM
Quote from: garbon on January 05, 2017, 08:22:14 AM
I have exactly zero faith that this administration can in fact oversee the rational cuts and restructuring needed, however. Congress should in fact have VERY broad power to manage the federal workforce.

Oh, there'll be rational cuts and restructuring, alright.  Just not where you think it would be.  Public health?  Pfft.  Environment?  Ha!  Food chain safety?  Teh market!

Enjoy your new drinking water arsenic levels, America.  Oh wait, you'll never know because there'll be nobody to test for it, LOLZ. #DTS

https://www.amazon.com/ITS-Arsenic-Quick-Test-Kit/dp/B001SIMQW8

QuoteCurrently unavailable We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.

Case: rested. :P

In similar items: https://www.amazon.com/Industrial-Test-Systems-481303-5-Arsenic/dp/B00DIJ04IS

And on Amazon Prime too so you can get it real quick.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Barrister

Back in undergrad I had a summer job one year working for an analytics company.  Specifically, they put me in charge of testing water samples for arsenic.

It's a relatively simple test to conduct.  Hundreds, probably thousands, of companies can do it.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Berkut

Who cares if it is simple or not?

I don't want to rely on myself to test for every possible pathogen in my fucking water. OOPS I MISSED ONE MARKET FAIL YOU DIE.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

11B4V

Exactly
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

It was mildly amusing to see some of the Feds I work with have a few minor bushels of kittens over this article in the paper yesterday. 
But I see no reason, if I can lose my job for making too much money, why a federal employee can't, either.  Seems only fair.