Ted Cruz proposes method of getting rid of Ted Cruz

Started by Valmy, January 04, 2017, 01:32:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbler

Quote from: crazy canuck on January 05, 2017, 06:53:29 PM
We used to have newspapers that people actually read containing real news about these sorts of things.  I am not sure why you think it is only in the age of fake news that people know about real government waste.

I find it amusing that you old farts really think that your olde-timey newspapers dispensed even a tenth as much information on a daily basis as a single search engine does on the internet.  Don't forget your reading glasses, gramps!  :lol:
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Eddie Teach

Quote from: grumbler on January 05, 2017, 06:58:42 PM
I find it amusing that you old farts really think that your olde-timey newspapers dispensed even a tenth as much information on a daily basis as a single search engine does on the internet.  Don't forget your reading glasses, gramps!  :lol:

Dispensing information and being capable of dispensing information are different matters. That search engine's not gonna dispense much if all that's being entered is BOOBS XXX.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

Quote from: crazy canuck on January 05, 2017, 06:50:46 PM
Quote from: Valmy on January 05, 2017, 10:15:21 AM
Quote from: crazy canuck on January 05, 2017, 12:36:17 AM

This is perhaps the best indication of how much things have changed within US political discourse.

Not really. This is a pretty standard and old time view.

Not sure if this is another one of your jokes.

How is that a joke?

No it is not. Hell I have read similar rants about Colonial fury at Robert Walpole's regime and what sort of people would be associated with it. We have had some spectacularly corrupt state governments over the centuries with all the cynicism that accompanied it. When Teddy Roosevelt decided to become a politician his friends were shocked because, by that point, respectable people in New York just did not get involved in politics. It was considered a dirty business for corrupt business men.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on January 05, 2017, 07:29:08 PM

This is perhaps the best indication of how much things have changed within US political discourse.

How is that a joke?

No it is not. Hell I have read similar rants about Colonial fury at Robert Walpole's regime and what sort of people would be associated with it. We have had some spectacularly corrupt state governments over the centuries with all the cynicism that accompanied it. When Teddy Roosevelt decided to become a politician his friends were shocked because, by that point, respectable people in New York just did not get involved in politics. It was considered a dirty business for corrupt business men.

Sorry doesn't fit his narrative so he won't hear none of that. Americans today are the worst that have ever lived.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

crazy canuck

Quote from: grumbler on January 05, 2017, 06:58:42 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on January 05, 2017, 06:53:29 PM
We used to have newspapers that people actually read containing real news about these sorts of things.  I am not sure why you think it is only in the age of fake news that people know about real government waste.

I find it amusing that you believe that most of what you are reading on the internet is factual.  You used to be a critical thinker  ;)

crazy canuck

Quote from: Valmy on January 05, 2017, 07:29:08 PM

How is that a joke?

You are conflating the issue.  Again, MiM's observation was that everyone who wishes to become a politician is suspect.  Not that some politician are corrupt.  But this is languish and the likes of Garbon hold sway here.

garbon

As opposed to your great story that one post by MIM is suddenly the zeitgeist?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Quote from: crazy canuck on January 05, 2017, 07:58:56 PM
You are conflating the issue.  Again, MiM's observation was that everyone who wishes to become a politician is suspect.  Not that some politician are corrupt.  But this is languish and the likes of Garbon hold sway here.

I am saying that feeling that way, that everybody who wishes to become a politician is suspect, is a pretty traditional American viewpoint. But then it is a pretty ancient view point that anybody who actually wants to rule is the worst person to be allowed to.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

grumbler

Quote from: Eddie Teach on January 05, 2017, 07:26:01 PM
Dispensing information and being capable of dispensing information are different matters. That search engine's not gonna dispense much if all that's being entered is BOOBS XXX.

And the newspaper that sits there unread is not going to dispense any more information while the old farts like CC read their Hustlers.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: crazy canuck on January 05, 2017, 07:57:31 PM
I find it amusing that you believe that most of what you are reading on the internet is factual.  You used to be a critical thinker  ;)

A complete strawman, combined with an ad hom!  Go for a begged question, and you'll complete the Logical Fallacy Trifecta!  :D

Bayraktar!

Jacob

Quote from: garbon on January 05, 2017, 07:34:01 PM
Sorry doesn't fit his narrative so he won't hear none of that. Americans today are the worst that have ever lived.

You're such a sensitive flower sometimes.

garbon

Quote from: Jacob on January 05, 2017, 10:49:24 PM
Quote from: garbon on January 05, 2017, 07:34:01 PM

You're such a sensitive flower sometimes.

I just tire quickly of 'analysis' built on anecdotes.

Jacob

Quote from: garbon on January 06, 2017, 03:35:10 AM

So what does that leave us? Cranky snipping and abstract tut-tutting... anything else?

garbon

Quote from: Jacob on January 06, 2017, 02:04:28 PM
Quote from: garbon on January 06, 2017, 03:35:10 AM

So what does that leave us? Cranky snipping and abstract tut-tutting... anything else?

True, pretty good description of what you, CC and D4Gul did. ;)

Jacob

Quote from: garbon on January 06, 2017, 02:10:59 PM
True, pretty good description of what you, CC and D4Gul did. ;)

Right, we've also got tiresome attempts at wit like you just demonstrated.