0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Voting closed: January 09, 2017, 05:41:06 AM

Ed Anger

Oh god, Grumbler waving a terrible towel. :bleeding:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: grumbler on January 10, 2017, 10:57:31 PM
(Actually, i am far more a Steelers fan than a Patriots fan.  I'm just a fan of truth over narrative.)

I can understand the kneejerk defense of a Michigan ManTM but c'mon:bleeding: 

grumbler

Quote from: Ed Anger on January 10, 2017, 11:02:29 PM
Oh god, Grumbler waving a terrible towel. :bleeding:

God, stop reminding people of that fucking towel! :bleeding:
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Sophie Scholl

Well.  The Raiders are out, but the Steelers survived.  Ugh.  So my AFC choices are Pittsburgh, KC, New England, and Houston?  I actually think I'm going to let the hate flow full force and root for a Patriots win with Brady as MVP.  I want to see Goodell have to hand the trophy to Brady.  Hilarity and shame ensue!
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

derspiess

Broncos made what I think was a smart hire yesterday.  From what I observed for a couple seasons, Vance Joseph was an absolute defensive genius.  On multiple occasions I heard him tell his defensive backs exactly what the other team's offense would throw at them the next series.  Very even tempered guy and he knows how to communicate with each of his players.  Hopefully all his skills translate well up into the head coach level.

One possible area of concern that may work against him as HC: he may be too nice of a guy :P
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

I wonder how many more times we have to see the Rex Ryan Show.

derspiess

Dunno; I just hope he keeps getting tattoos for each team he coaches.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

jimmy olsen

The Rams averaged only filled their stadium to 89.8% capacity! That's 28th in the league!

If the motherfucking Rams can't do better than that in their first year back to LA after being gone for 20 years, what the hell makes the Chargers think they'll have any success?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Ed Anger

Watch your motherfucking language young man
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Valmy

It is an incredibly stupid move by the Chargers. Their new home in LA is a 27,000 seat Soccer Stadium  :lol: I mean how lame is that? When was the last time a NFL team had a home attendance average under 30,000?

I have to applaud the voters of San Diego for calling their bluff.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

jimmy olsen

Hmm... the numbers on the ESPN site are wonky, it's only counting one game for the Rams.

However, this shows that the Rams were pulling in weak numbers all season. 
http://theramswire.usatoday.com/2016/12/06/los-angeles-rams-home-attendance-memorial-coliseum-san-diego-chargers/

This has the total numbers for 2016, 665,318 for 2nd in the league in total attendance and an average of 83,164 per game. However their stadium has a capacity of 93,607. That's 88.8% capacity. LA has 4 million people in the city limits and 13 million in the metro area. They should fill it every single game.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2016/attendance.htm
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Valmy

Well maybe if they didn't suck ass they might have.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Valmy on January 12, 2017, 08:14:19 PM
It is an incredibly stupid move by the Chargers. Their new home in LA is a 27,000 seat Soccer Stadium  :lol: I mean how lame is that? When was the last time a NFL team had a home attendance average under 30,000?

I have to applaud the voters of San Diego for calling their bluff.

It's as if Paul Tagliabue is still commissioner.  Such a hard-on for TV market share, even if nobody's watching.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Ed Anger on January 12, 2017, 08:08:20 PM
Watch your motherfucking language young man

No shit.  How about some syntax their shithead!  :mad: