The Official 2016 Christmas/Hanukkah/Kwanzaa Loot Megathread

Started by CountDeMoney, December 24, 2016, 09:12:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

I should stop waiting until Christmas Eve to go shopping.  It's raining out, and I'm old and tired and people are going to be fucking crazy.  But I do have a shoulder holster with two extra magazines.

mongers

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 24, 2016, 09:12:04 AM
I should stop waiting until Christmas Eve to go shopping.  It's raining out, and I'm old and tired and people are going to be fucking crazy. But I do have a shoulder holster with two extra magazines.

Indeed.

I figure I can do the remaining stuff in the last half hour.  :bowler:

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

CountDeMoney

Quote from: mongers on December 24, 2016, 09:17:44 AM

If I can't get these people something from the same store at the same time, whether it's Best Buy or Barnes & Noble, then they deserve nothing.

mongers

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 24, 2016, 09:19:31 AM
Quote from: mongers on December 24, 2016, 09:17:44 AM

If I can't get these people something from the same store at the same time, whether it's Best Buy or Barnes & Noble, then they deserve nothing.

:cool:

That's not a bad idea. 

I sort of done that in the past, I think next year every present will be bought in one store, different shop the next year.

So next Xmas everything comes from Ryman's the stationary shop. So an aspiring writer in the family gets a nice set of pencils, then present with a rapped up eraser and final a note book to chivvy them up.

People I don't like get a set of printer cartridges for their computer, right brand but wrong model number.  :P

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

dps

I used to wait till the last minute to get anything for my mom.  She's almost impossible to buy for, so I'd just get her whatever Woolworth's had left on the shelf right before closing time on Christmas Eve.  Now, she likes to work crossword puzzles, so she gets puzzle books.

Barrister

I remember back when Languish started and I was living in a small town in northern Alberta... one Christmas Eve I made the five hour drive down to Edmonton where I promptly hit West Edmonton Mall, bought all of my gifts in a two hour span, then drove to the airport and flew back home to Winnipeg.

I felt like deserved some kind of medal for that feat. :cool:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

CountDeMoney

Kinda reminds me of that episode of Murphy Brown where they all agreed not to get each other Christmas gifts but Murphy breaks the rule, so they all wind up in the same shitty corner drug store looking for gifts on Christmas Eve, because it's the only place open.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: mongers on December 24, 2016, 09:29:20 AM

People I don't like get a set of printer cartridges for their computer, right brand but wrong model number.  :P

People I don't like get nothing. People I do like... most get nothing too. I got something for my mom and each of my sister's families.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 24, 2016, 09:12:04 AM
I should stop waiting until Christmas Eve to go shopping.  It's raining out, and I'm old and tired and people are going to be fucking crazy. But I do have a shoulder holster with two extra magazines.

Always a wise choice with mall shopping nowadays.

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Admiral Yi

Just heard an ad for CVS on the radio.  Open until midnight.

merithyn

We had Christmas yesterday. I took a 30-minute break so we could open presents, then went back to work.

I received a lovely necklace that I had wanted for ages from Max. A beautiful sweater from my daughter. And the gift of television via a Fire TV Stick! :w00t:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Liep

Svetlana Aleksijevitj - Secondhand-tid (Время секонд хенд) was my only loot. That and a lot of port wine.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

katmai

Amazon fire stick from maternal unit.
That's about it gift wise besides the gift cards and cash from aunts and uncles.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Phillip V

"If we want to celebrate Christmas authentically, we need to contemplate this sign: the fragile simplicity of a small newborn, the meekness of where he lies, the tender affection of the swaddling clothes. God is there.
Jesus was born rejected by some and regarded by many others with indifference. Today also the same indifference can exist, when Christmas becomes a feast where the protagonists are ourselves, rather than Jesus; when the lights of commerce cast the light of God into the shadows; when we are concerned for gifts, but cold toward those who are marginalised. This worldliness has taken Christmas hostage. It needs to be freed.
Let us also allow ourselves to be challenged by the children of today's world, who are not lying in a cot caressed with the affection of a mother and father, but rather suffer the squalid mangers that devour dignity: hiding underground to escape bombardment, on the pavements of a large city, at the bottom of a boat over-laden with immigrants.
Let us allow ourselves to be challenged by the children who are not allowed to be born, by those who cry because no one satiates their hunger, by those who do have not toys in their hands, but rather weapons."
- Pope Francis