China kills 140 people over night - the mullahs have nothing on the chicoms

Started by Martinus, July 06, 2009, 02:40:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Quote from: garbon on July 06, 2009, 10:37:08 AM
Quote from: Valmy on July 06, 2009, 10:27:07 AM
Sarcasm?  That post was not exactly complimentary towards the Han domination of those provinces.

Didn't sound particularly negative. Makes the Uighurs sound whiny.

Uighur, please.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on July 06, 2009, 10:55:53 AM
His post could be pretty much used to describe every peaceful settlement by a different culture, including foreign immigration. It kinda failed to appreciate the fact that Chicoms are an oppressive, murderous regime on top of being a bunch of people who "speak different language and have a different religion".

No it sorta sounded like what we did to the Native Americans, hence why I immediately made the comparison.

Peaceful immigrants usually don't "dominate your economy, own everything, control the government apparatus".

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

BuddhaRhubarb

Quote from: Siege on July 06, 2009, 10:58:09 AM
Sarcasm?  That post was not exactly complimentary towards the Han domination of those provinces.

99.99999999999999 percent of muslims are whiny.

Hey, I hate the Pipple's Republic as much Neil, but you have to recognize the moonslim bots have a tendency to go hiwire.

well according to a post earlier here these guys did invent the tightrope.
:p

The Brain

Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on July 06, 2009, 12:15:03 PM

99.99999999999999 percent of muslims are whiny.

Hey, I hate the Pipple's Republic as much Neil, but you have to recognize the moonslim bots have a tendency to go hiwire.

well according to a post earlier here these guys did invent the tightrope.

It was OK, but if it wasn't for the SM parts I wouldn't have remembered seeing it.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Neil

Hey, I hate the Pipple's Republic as much Neil,
I very much doubt that, given that you're working for them.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: Valmy on July 06, 2009, 11:55:07 AM
Peaceful immigrants usually don't "dominate your economy, own everything, control the government apparatus".

Aside from the government part, peaceful Han Chinese immigrants in some Asian countries did precisely that.  And they've suffered some brutal pogroms in places because of it, especially around Muslims.

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on July 06, 2009, 12:26:20 PM
Quote from: Valmy on July 06, 2009, 11:55:07 AM

Aside from the government part, peaceful Han Chinese immigrants in some Asian countries did precisely that.  And they've suffered some brutal pogroms in places because of it, especially around Muslims.

iirc they usually achieved only economic dominance in those countries and not generally political dominance. Not quite the same as Tibet and East-Turkestan.

saskganesh

we saw this in Vancouver. first they moved in as cheap labour, building railroads and carrying dynamite. then they moved up, opening take out cafes and launderettes. and then, with their power base assured, they killed all of Vancouver's Uigars. so effectively, in fact, that the native's oral traditions no longer account for the missing people.
humans were created in their own image

Valmy

Quote from: saskganesh on July 06, 2009, 01:14:55 PM
we saw this in Vancouver. first they moved in as cheap labour, building railroads and carrying dynamite. then they moved up, opening take out cafes and launderettes. and then, with their power base assured, they killed all of Vancouver's Uigars. so effectively, in fact, that the native's oral traditions no longer account for the missing people.

:lol:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

jimmy olsen

Brilliant! :lol:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Drakken

And this is why it is now known as Han-couver or Wang-couver.

Neil

Quote from: Drakken on July 06, 2009, 03:25:06 PM

And this is why it is now known as Han-couver or Wang-couver.
Hong-couver is more common.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Monoriu

QuoteUnrest in China

Unrest on the western front
Jul 6th 2009 | URUMQI, XINJIANG
From Economist.com

Our correspondent reports from Urumqi, scene of the largest protests in China in two decades

Reuters
THE city of Urumqi was calm but tense a day after violent unrest on Sunday July 5th which had, according to official reports, left at least 140 people dead and 800 injured. In the centre of town traffic was eerily light and many businesses were hidden behind shutters. A tight cordon of riot police, who wore helmets and wielded shields and clubs, surrounded People's Square. Elsewhere armed security men blocked roads and stopped pedestrians and cars attempting to enter predominantly Uighur neighbourhoods. Army and police vehicles, including armoured personnel-carriers, patrolled the streets. Sirens continued to wail late into Monday night.

Ethnic tension between Han Chinese and the native Uighurs, a mostly Muslim Turkic minority group, has long bristled in Xinjiang Uighur Autonomous Region in the west of China. The Uighurs make up nearly half of Xinjiang's 20m population. Large-scale violence flares occasionally in other cities in Xinjiang, but had not previously been reported in Urumqi, the region's capital. The violence on Sunday apparently began with a demonstration by Uighurs against the government's handling of an incident in southern Guangdong province in late June, in which two Uighur migrants were attacked and reportedly killed amid accusations that they had abused a Han Chinese woman.

Chinese officials quickly accused an overseas group, the World Uighur Congress, of having "masterminded", "instigated" and "controlled" the Urumqi unrest, but they offered no proof. The congress and other expatriate Uighur groups denied the charges. Uighur residents of Urumqi were reluctant to speak to foreign journalists amid Monday's heavy security crackdown and, for the most part, local access to the internet has been prevented.

It is unclear precisely how many members of the security forces have been deployed in Urumqi, but Xinjiang's governor, Nur Bekri, says that officials will use "all means" to maintain control. According to the state media hundreds of arrests have been made in response to the violence.

The south-eastern part of the city appeared to suffer most violence on Sunday: police were out in force on Monday; broken shop windows dotted the area, along with fire-damaged buildings and scores of burnt and overturned cars. The scorched shells of eleven new cars sat on the lot in front of the Xinjiang Tongtong Geely Automobile dealership. According to the general manager, Guo Jianxin, several hundred rioters had attacked his business late on Sunday, damaging or destroying more than 50 cars, worth 3.3m yuan ($483,000). One of his workers was injured, he said, and three others had locked themselves in the basement, emerging through the shattered glass late on Monday morning.

The nearby Urumqi Friendship Hospital had received four dead and 98 injured, of whom 18 were in serious condition. One of the injured, said the hospital director, had severe brain trauma and was not expected to survive another night.

Among the patients lining the corridor of the hospital's overcrowded ward was Huang Zhenjiang, a 48-year-old taxi driver. Bloodied and bandaged, Mr Huang said that he had finished his long day of driving and was handing the car to the night-shift driver when he was attacked and beaten by rioters using stones and clubs. He suffered a broken nose, fractured ribs, concussion and a badly damaged right eye. He described the violence as "terrifying" and "unimaginable" and said he had no idea who his attackers were or what had prompted them. As a Han Chinese man, however, he was, most likely, a victim of Uighur rage.

Now there are reports of Han rioters fighting bcak, attacking Uyghur people on sight.

Tamas

Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on July 06, 2009, 11:11:38 AM

iirc, no kind of settlement on the scale as what is happening in East-Turkestan and Tibet has ever been peaceful.
Not in the Americas, not in Australia, not with the greeks and Romans, not with the Barbarians that came after the Romans, not with the Arabs or Turks, not with the bantus, not with the zionists, not with the Han,, etc.
Violence is nigh on inevitable in such cases. Presence or absence of a repressive regime is only plays a role in the amount of violence.

:yes:

Monoriu

A very similar story happened in the Soloman islands a few years ago.  A bunch of middle class Hong Kongers moved there.  With the capital they brought in from Hong Kong, they set up retail shops, supply chains, factories etc over there.  Very soon they dominated the (tiny) local economy.  Ethnic tensions rose, riots broke out, with the locals attacking the Chinese shops.  Similar thing happened in Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand and many SE Asian countries over the past couple of decades.  Hell even in Canada and Australia there is a certain level of resentment over Chinese immigrants - monster houses, driving up house prices, taking away jobs, fung shui issues...

The difference with Tibet and Xinjiang is that in these places, the Hans actually control the army, the police and the courts.