News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Only in Canada!

Started by viper37, December 23, 2016, 02:54:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

Peak Canadiana: Alberta man takes Zamboni through Tim Hortons drive-thru
Many Canadians have faced this predicament: "should I stop for Tim Hortons on my way home from work?" Sometimes, the quick warm-up is all you need to start the rest of your day.
But when most people consider the detour to Tim Hortons, they aren't driving a Zamboni.
Jesse Myshak was at work in his shop in Stony Plain on Tuesday with his new ice-surfacing machine, which he bought to flood his rink in his backyard. He was working on it in the shop, and it was ready to be put to work at home.
There was only one problem — home was a couple kilometres away.
Luckily, there was a solution. "I figured I'd just drive it home," Myshak told CBC News. After deciding to make the trek, the ball started rolling. "Guys at work were kind of laughing after I was driving home, [they said] to drive through Timmies and get a coffee," Myshak said.
And that's exactly what he did.
[...]
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Barrister

:lmfao:

Zambonis aren't exactly road-legal however.  :secret:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

PRC

Publicity stunt by BarDown.  "Let's make something go viral" and it worked for them.

Monoriu

Actually the first sentence is the most surprising thing to me.  First time I heard of Tim Hortons is on languish. 

HVC

Were they now out west when you were there? I grew up in the epicentre of timmies town. They were and are everywhere.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Admiral Yi

when did you graduate from university mono?

Monoriu

Quote from: HVC on December 23, 2016, 05:59:41 PM
Were they now out west when you were there? I grew up in the epicentre of timmies town. They were and are everywhere.

As far as fast food places went, I only went to McDonald's and White Spots when I was in Canada.  Actually White Spot came to Hong Kong a few years ago and they are considered very up-market here. 

Monoriu

Admiral Yi

Surely the kudzu infestation started before 1998.

Monoriu

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 23, 2016, 06:05:00 PM
Surely the kudzu infestation started before 1998.

I ignored a ton of Canadian things.  Hockey, politics, for example.  I am sure there are a lot more.

PRC

They actually weren't out West much until I think around the nineties... at least on Vancouver Island.  We had Robins Donuts everywhere.  Mmmmarvelous Mmmuffins too. 

Monoriu

Quote from: PRC on December 23, 2016, 06:37:48 PM

They actually weren't out West much until I think around the nineties... at least on Vancouver Island.  We had Robins Donuts everywhere.  Mmmmarvelous Mmmuffins too.

Yeah I remember seeing Robins Donuts and Dairy Queen.  I actually tried Dairy Queen once or twice but was sorely disappointed that they really only did vanilla ice cream with toppings.  I have zero interest in donuts or muffins. 

Admiral Yi

DQ soft serve is great for dipped cones and milkshakes, otherwise it's school cafeteria food.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 23, 2016, 06:54:40 PM
DQ soft serve is great for dipped cones and milkshakes, otherwise it's school cafeteria food.

Concur. Once upon a time, when we where kids, they had halfway decent burgers and dogs.  But now their hot food is institutional.

Monoriu

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 23, 2016, 06:54:40 PM

I was looking for coconut, blood orange, strawberry, coffee and chocolate ice-cream when I first visited Dairy Queen.  I decided that I didn't like them.