News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What's in your bug-out bag?

Started by merithyn, December 19, 2016, 03:21:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

Quote from: merithyn on December 19, 2016, 03:21:05 PM
The world is coming to an end. War has been declared, and the first of many nuclear missiles are expected any day. Time to go!

My entire hunting package/gear. Take about 15-20 min to load. Add to that a couple thousand rounds of 5.56.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

11B4V

and I can reload for my other guns, few hundred rounds each, in a couple hours.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Tonitrus

Quote from: 11B4V on December 19, 2016, 06:43:30 PM
The world is coming to an end. War has been declared, and the first of many nuclear missiles are expected any day. Time to go!

My entire hunting package/gear. Take about 15-20 min to load. Add to that a couple thousand rounds of 5.56.

And head for Ape Cave south of St Helens.  Pick off some hipsters/yuppies along the way for extra supplies.

11B4V

Quote from: Tonitrus on December 19, 2016, 06:49:54 PM

And head for Ape Cave south of St Helens.  Pick off some hipsters/yuppies along the way for extra supplies.

;)

derspiess

So are there going to be more left-wing preppers in the next few years?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Tonitrus

Quote from: derspiess on December 19, 2016, 07:00:04 PM
So are there going to be more left-wing preppers in the next few years?

They've been around a while already...

Just replace the guns with bongs.

derspiess

Yeah, but more of them. And with guns.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Maximus

Quote from: 11B4V on December 19, 2016, 06:47:08 PM
As a friend of mine likes to say, all you have to do is wait for the first good cold snap and you can pick up all the weapons and ammo you want from the dead preppers who thought survival was about weapons.

11B4V

Quote from: Maximus on December 19, 2016, 07:18:24 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on December 19, 2016, 06:47:08 PM
As a friend of mine likes to say, all you have to do is wait for the first good cold snap and you can pick up all the weapons and ammo you want from the dead preppers who thought survival was about weapons.

Got the other bases covered. ;) But yes essentially.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Maximus on December 19, 2016, 07:18:24 PM

Guns can be used to steal other stuff.

Ed Anger

I'd assume Meri's bag is full of tampons and other female shit.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

11B4V

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 19, 2016, 08:53:15 PM
I'd assume Meri's bag is full of tampons and other female shit.

Hehe coupons

Berkut

11B, can you NOT reload 5.56?

I've always figured ammo would be the real limiting factor in a post-apocalyptic world. We have like 300 million guns in America. I figure if the whatever kills 75% of them, that is a hell of a lot of guns per person left over.

But I imagine ammo would go fast...
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

mongers

1. Make a good friend of 11B4V.

2. Profit in the post-apocalyptic wasteland.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"