News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

How big will Russia get?

Started by Grinning_Colossus, December 10, 2016, 01:52:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

By 2021, Russia will occupy/annex additional parts (or all) of the following countries:

Belarus
13 (61.9%)
Ukraine
16 (76.2%)
Georgia
10 (47.6%)
Kazakhstan
6 (28.6%)
Azerbaijan
6 (28.6%)
Moldova
12 (57.1%)
Estonia/Latvia
10 (47.6%)
Poland
1 (4.8%)
Other
5 (23.8%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Voting closed: November 02, 2020, 01:52:31 PM

Razgovory

Russia would only annex territory from countries that try to leave the CIS or aren't part of it.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Syt

I think Belarus and Kazakhstan might re-join in some form of union when their rulers croak.

In other countries - I think Putin is interested in having a safety buffer around Russia, primarily in Europe. And him being KGB, I think he's primarily interested in pushing friendly regimes/governments in those countries (which does the double duty of creating dissent within the EU and NATO), and - in countries he fears to lose - create a frozen conflict, like in Georgia, Moldova, and Ukraine.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Tonitrus

Quote from: jimmy olsen on December 10, 2016, 09:59:39 PM
Belarus isn't out of the question I think.

When Lukashenko dies, Putin will probably "save" them from successional chaos.  Though Putin has a couple years on him.

Josquius

Isn't having a independent Belarus useful to them?
They don't have to rule directly but have it on their side giving them an extra voice at international meetings.
██████
██████
██████

HisMajestyBOB

The next four-plus years are gonna suck for Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

celedhring

I don't think Putin sees any use in downright annexing Belarus. It does its job as it is, and it would be more of a drag to their economy than anything else. Place looks like a hellhole even for Russian standards.  :hmm:

Zanza

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: celedhring on December 11, 2016, 10:56:43 AM
I don't think Putin sees any use in downright annexing Belarus. It does its job as it is, and it would be more of a drag to their economy than anything else. Place looks like a hellhole even for Russian standards.  :hmm:

russian urban standards, or russian rural standards?

Phillip V

Are there many ethic Russians in these areas?  Ultimately, Russia needs to have more babies, more cannon fodder.

cheat code:  russianhordes

Ed Anger

Trump can send me to Russia to repopulate the Motherland.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Phillip V

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 11, 2016, 09:25:05 PM
Trump can send me to Russia to repopulate the Motherland.

cheat code:  russianwhores

Ed Anger

CountDeMoney

Apparently you also have The Twilight Saga: New Moon on DIRECTV Cinema.  Doofuski.

Ed Anger

CountDeMoney

Goofy backwards assed Russians.