News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

How big will Russia get?

Started by Grinning_Colossus, December 10, 2016, 01:52:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

By 2021, Russia will occupy/annex additional parts (or all) of the following countries:

Belarus
13 (61.9%)
Ukraine
16 (76.2%)
Georgia
10 (47.6%)
Kazakhstan
6 (28.6%)
Azerbaijan
6 (28.6%)
Moldova
12 (57.1%)
Estonia/Latvia
10 (47.6%)
Poland
1 (4.8%)
Other
5 (23.8%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Voting closed: November 02, 2020, 01:52:31 PM

Grinning_Colossus

With such an outstanding and talented personality taking office in the US, Russia may show its new willingness to get along with the US by attacking several neighboring countries. How do you think it will play out? Will they officially annex Belarus? Go after more of Russophonic Ukraine? Kazakhstan? Have more fun in the Caucasus? Cast your vote! :)
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

LaCroix

celedhring

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Grinning_Colossus

Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

MadImmortalMan

Too much bad blood in the Baltics. Poland's basically off the table. I think the Russians are too shy of Islamic extremism atm to not want the Turkic nations at arms' length.

That leaves Ukraine, Moldova and Belarus.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

CountDeMoney

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on December 10, 2016, 04:57:23 PM
Too much bad blood in the Baltics. Poland's basically off the table.

Nonsense. Like Ukraine or Jews, the rest of Europe doesn't think they actually count as real people.

QuoteI think the Russians are too shy of Islamic extremism atm to not want the Turkic nations at arms' length.

They seemed to have no problem flattening Chechnya for fun.   I don't think they'd be that shy at all.

QuoteThat leaves Ukraine, Moldova and Belarus.

They'll just keep playing Little Green Men until Ukraine turns politically. I think that's going to be the model going forward.

Liep

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 10, 2016, 05:03:50 PM
Too much bad blood in the Baltics. Poland's basically off the table.

Nonsense. Like Ukraine or Jews, the rest of Europe doesn't think they actually count as real people.

Untrue. I'd be really annoyed if I had to bother with visa applications to go to Tallinn. :mad:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

alfred russel

Too much bad blood in the Baltics. Poland's basically off the table. I think the Russians are too shy of Islamic extremism atm to not want the Turkic nations at arms' length.

That leaves Ukraine, Moldova and Belarus.

It isn't quite so simple. For example, the parts of Kazakhstan that border Russia have very significant Russian speaking non muslim populations.

But whatever happens, hopefully we can agree on one thing. In the unlikely event that it comes to pass that Russian tanks start moving across the Polish border, we need to unban Trump fanboy Martinus.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

CountDeMoney

Quote from: alfred russel on December 10, 2016, 06:25:42 PM
In the unlikely event that it comes to pass that Russian tanks start moving across the Polish border, we need to unban Trump fanboy Martinus.

He's going to be a little too busy trundling along a muddy road in the back of an ox-drawn cart with the rest of the refugees to post "This Is Really About Me" threads with pictures of wine glasses in them.

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 10, 2016, 06:29:10 PM
Quote from: alfred russel on December 10, 2016, 06:25:42 PM
In the unlikely event that it comes to pass that Russian tanks start moving across the Polish border, we need to unban Trump fanboy Martinus.

He's going to be a little too busy trundling along a muddy road in the back of an ox-drawn cart with the rest of the refugees to post "This Is Really About Me" threads with pictures of wine glasses in them.

Or collaborating by sucking Russian Airborne cock for a potato.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 10, 2016, 07:28:45 PM
Or collaborating by sucking Russian Airborne cock for a potato.

lol, "Vill Suck 4 Fud"

jimmy olsen

Belarus isn't out of the question I think.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point