CIA: Senate briefed in September on Russian efforts to deliver a Trump victory

Started by CountDeMoney, December 09, 2016, 09:14:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaCroix

Valmy

Quote from: LaCroix on December 12, 2016, 09:59:00 AM
I was more referring to the strategy of ignoring what a large portion of america believes.

Hey I live in Texas. The large portion of America controls every lever of power and government.

QuoteI didn't have anything in particular against what you and garbo said, except for the idea of ignoring it--I think that's kinda ostrich in sand.

I am not ignoring it. I keep my mouth shut. I work for this government and do not want attention drawn to me.  If my governor wants to spend my tax money because he believes military training exercises represent a coup attempt on Texas then hey that's great. So glad Alex Jones gets to dictate government policy.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

grumbler

Quote from: Legbiter on December 12, 2016, 09:30:28 AM
Well because the only presidential candidate to have verified Third World-tier corruption ties to the Russian government was Best Waifu Hillary through the Clinton Foundation (but of course).

It is amazing how easily the gullible swallow the idea that Clinton Foundation  =  Clinton family fortune.  Yes, the Trump foundation has admitted illegally using it money for the personal benefit of Trump himself, but his supporters have been frustrated in their efforts to prove that his corruption is commonplace.

Does donating to the Clinton Foundation give people an advantage over people who don't, when it comes to Clinton decisions?  Probably.  But that's probably true of every foundation ever.  The difference is that morons see the Clinton Foundation as the exception to the rule, when their hero Trump's foundation is actually that.

Of course, the Trumpistas also like to ignore the fact that Trump personally controls his foundation, while the Clinton Foundation has ten board members, two of them Clintons (neither of whom is the president).  But, hey, it must be the Clinton Foundation that is corrupt, amiright?
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Legbiter

Valmy; note I'm not accusing you or anyone here of being even remotely anything as butthurt and deranged as the pundit class and media currently is. And oh boy are they Mad Online as it is. :bleeding:

Languish was actually a great spot to camp out this election, with many different viewpoints and pretty much on the money come election night. We all knew Trump was a killer through the combined gestalt intelligence of this forum.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Eddie Teach on December 11, 2016, 03:56:46 PM
Ok, how does our resident sage interpret "explosive information about close ties and coordination"?

I'm no sage, but I interpret it as the CIA has information that Trump is tied closely and coordinates with certain advisors, and those advisors in turn are tied closely and coordinate with people associated with the Russian government.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Legbiter on December 12, 2016, 06:18:36 AM
The Russia hack narrative conveniently gives all the moron pundits and fake experts a way out.

The political story here isn't the hacking itself.  It's Trumps denial of it.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Valmy

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on December 12, 2016, 11:28:39 AM
Quote from: Eddie Teach on December 11, 2016, 03:56:46 PM
Ok, how does our resident sage interpret "explosive information about close ties and coordination"?

I'm no sage, but I interpret it as the CIA has information that Trump is tied closely and coordinates with certain advisors, and those advisors in turn are tied closely and coordinate with people associated with the Russian government.

He seems to enjoy rapidly changing the people around him so maybe this faction will not be around for long. Hopefully. Or not, maybe Russian moles are the only people he feels he can trust :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Valmy

Quote from: Legbiter on December 12, 2016, 10:15:37 AM
Languish was actually a great spot to camp out this election, with many different viewpoints and pretty much on the money come election night. We all knew Trump was a killer through the combined gestalt intelligence of this forum.

Yep. Thanks to this forum I was pretty sure Trump was going to win. Tim being so sure only meant one thing.

Needless to say I had a rough couple months. My only comfort now is there is nothing to be done for awhile. Trump will sink us all or something surprising will happen.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

Quote from: Legbiter on December 12, 2016, 10:15:37 AM
Valmy; note I'm not accusing you or anyone here of being even remotely anything as butthurt and deranged as the pundit class and media currently is. And oh boy are they Mad Online as it is. :bleeding:

Okay, let's avoid the phrase "pundit class" for a while, okay chief.  It's getting stale.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Tamas

One thing is sure: all this clusterfuck is revealing just how ready the different organisations are to intervene in the elections:

the FBI re-launches investigation with perfect timing and they absolutely totally feel obliged to make it public.

The CIA learns that, for a fact, Trump is being pushed hard by Russian covert operations. But decides to keep it a secret because hey.

frunk

LaCroix

Quote from: Razgovory on December 12, 2016, 11:49:21 AM
Quote from: LaCroix on December 12, 2016, 10:03:54 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on December 12, 2016, 10:01:14 AM
And what do you propose we do about it?

empathize, I guess

Why?  There are lots of people with stupid beliefs.

to help prevent doing to trump what some on the right did to obama

Valmy

Jacob