News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Jurassic Park... It's here!

Started by viper37, December 09, 2016, 10:06:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

Hey, they don't even need to suck the blood out of a mosquito and use frog DNA now ;)
Link

First Dinosaur Tail Found Preserved in Amber.  To scientists' delight, the incredible appendage from 99 million years ago is covered in feathers.

The tail of a 99-million-year-old dinosaur, including bones, soft tissue, and even feathers, has been found preserved in amber, according to a report published today in the journal Current Biology.  While individual dinosaur-era feathers have been found in amber, and evidence for feathered dinosaurs is captured in fossil impressions, this is the first time that scientists are able to clearly associate well-preserved feathers with a dinosaur, and in turn gain a better understanding of the evolution and structure of dinosaur feathers.
[...]

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Valmy

Already mentioned in the Off Topic Topic

So I will just repeat that birds are dinosaurs.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

viper37

Quote from: Valmy on December 09, 2016, 10:09:12 AM
Just like we are monkeys.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Valmy

Quote from: viper37 on December 09, 2016, 11:00:37 AM
Just like we are monkeys.

Just like we and monkeys are primates. Dinosaurs are not a species.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Eddie Teach

Already mentioned in the Off Topic Topic

Quote from: teh articleIn the "Jurassic Park" movie franchise, scientists extract dinosaur DNA from blood found inside insects preserved in amber.
McKellar said that soft tissue and decayed blood from the tail were found in the amber but no genetic material was preserved.
"Unfortunately, the Jurassic Park answer is still a 'no' -- this is firmly in the realm of science fiction," he said.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

I meant that article was already posted not that we were soon going to have large feathered animals walking around.

'I am an uncontrollable force of nature and humans will be DOOMED if they try to contain me'

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Grinning_Colossus

Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

Vricklund

Valmy

Quote from: Eddie Teach on December 09, 2016, 11:21:58 AM
I was correcting Viper, not you.

Ah. You can see why I might be confused :P