News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

FFXV

Started by garbon, December 02, 2016, 02:39:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Nothing to say yet as I'm waiting for it to install but: :w00t:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

It seems to be pretty good. No PC version yet, though. :(

But I've never played any FF game beyond a few minutes (I have FF I-III on my phone).
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Valmy

I played the hell out of Final Fantasy. The NES one.

I have not touched any of them since. They didn't look like my thing.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Sophie Scholl

The last one I played all the way through was VII.  I've played a bit of VIII, IX, X, and XI I believe.  My favorite remains Final Fantasy II for the SNES, aka V in Japan I think?
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

MadImmortalMan

The characters look like those guys who hang out on the sidewalk in front of those clubs in Tokyo where lonely women pay them money just to talk to them.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

PRC

Josquius

The last FF I liked was 10.
I tried the non MMORPG one immediately following it. It was terrible. Played like a MMORPG.
Then the really linear one straight after.... I never got anywhere with. Just didn't grab me.
But this one does look pretty.
██████
██████
██████

Razgovory

I never quite understood we went from Final Fantasy III to Final Fantasy VII.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Josquius

Quote from: Razgovory on December 03, 2016, 09:07:08 AM
:unsure:
What do you mean?
Final Fantasy 6 is good.
██████
██████
██████

Grey Fox

Quote from: Razgovory on December 03, 2016, 09:07:08 AM

Because Nintendo of America. 3 is actually 6.

NA & RoW has the same FF1, NA's FF2 is RoW FF4, NA's FF3 is RoW FF6.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

garbon

Well first impressions are that it is fun. FMVs looks really nice and the setup of having 4 guys bromancing about is quite fun. Combat is a little weird to get used to as I haven't played and FF yet with real-time combat (though I think the one option changes that?) and magic is now supported by crafted items that all characters can use.

I'm about 4 hours in and I'm pretty much still in the same small section of deserty scrub land that you start the game in. :blush:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

What I liked about the previews was that it looks to be set in a modern day fantasy world as opposed to the usual medieval setting.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

Quote from: Syt on December 03, 2016, 01:28:50 PM
What I liked about the previews was that it looks to be set in a modern day fantasy world as opposed to the usual medieval setting.

Afternoon of January 20?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

grumbler

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!