News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Question: What happens if Trump doesn't leave?

Started by Razgovory, November 29, 2016, 11:29:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

This is sort of bothering me.  What if 4 years from now Trump runs again for President and loses then refuses to vacate the office claiming the election is illegitimate and he will not recognize the results?  How do you make him leave?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Scipio

What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Valmy

I do not anticipate that being a serious problem. It is not like he is a ninja or something.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

Quote from: Razgovory on November 29, 2016, 11:29:09 AM
This is sort of bothering me.  What if 4 years from now Trump runs again for President and loses then refuses to vacate the office claiming the election is illegitimate and he will not recognize the results?  How do you make him leave?

That essentially is a coup d'etat.  The question is whether the various appendages of government would follow Trump's lead or not.  I think they would not.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Admiral Yi

If he barricades himself in the Oval Office then I guess at some point the Secret Service would physically remove him.

The Minsky Moment

Answer to that is easy: Build a wall around him.

Next President works out the Naval Observatory, and the VP gets Trump Tower.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

alfred russel

Will trump run for reelection?

He will be really old, and I'm not sold on him wanting to actually do presidential work. I think he is more in it for the status, and he will have that without reelection.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Razgovory

Quote from: Valmy on November 29, 2016, 11:33:39 AM
I do not anticipate that being a serious problem. It is not like he is a ninja or something.

Trump has refused to recognize all the results of the current election, the one that will bring him into power very soon.  He has tens of millions of followers who believe the bullshit he says, many of whom demonstrate a tendency toward violence. Do you really think law enforcement will just pull him screaming out of the Whitehouse?

Barrister

Quote from: Razgovory on November 29, 2016, 12:21:01 PM
Quote from: Valmy on November 29, 2016, 11:33:39 AM

Trump has refused to recognize all the results of the current election, the one that will bring him into power very soon.  He has tens of millions of followers who believe the bullshit he says, many of whom demonstrate a tendency toward violence. Do you really think law enforcement will just pull him screaming out of the Whitehouse?

Yes?
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

derspiess

Raz, just organize some Social Justice Warriors into formal units and use those to fight Trump and his Trumpenproletariat.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Razgovory

It's never been done before, and the president can't be legally arrested while in office.  The assumption in the constitution is that the President is will leave office voluntarily. 

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on November 29, 2016, 12:35:55 PM
Raz, just organize some Social Justice Warriors into formal units and use those to fight Trump and his Trumpenproletariat.

You want me to hang Trump voters?  Like yourself?

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."