News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Brazilian soccer team killed in plane crash...

Started by Josephus, November 29, 2016, 10:20:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

celedhring

Absolutely tragic. The fact that this was a fairy-tale made true for them (they got into a continental final just two years after promotion) makes it more gut-wrenching, with all those celebration videos, etc...

:(

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

CountDeMoney

CountDeMoney

Grey Fox

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 29, 2016, 12:57:01 PM
Too soon?

NOT FUNNY.

Soccer players never die from choking, its a natural talent. Like Sharks & killing.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Josephus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 29, 2016, 12:17:26 PM
At least they didn't die from choking.

meh...I was going to go with the "wonder if they ate each other?" but thought I'd wait a bit.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

HVC

Quote from: Josephus on November 29, 2016, 01:39:57 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 29, 2016, 12:17:26 PM
At least they didn't die from choking.

meh...I was going to go with the "wonder if they ate each other?" but thought I'd wait a bit.

I think you're confusing them with the woman's field hockey flight that went down.

Seriously though, it's a very sad story.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: HVC on November 29, 2016, 01:41:14 PM

I think you're confusing them with the woman's field hockey flight that went down.

Seriously though, it's a very sad story.

Alive! was about a men's rugby team.

CountDeMoney

Savonarola

My wife watches shows like "Why Planes Crash" (usually when I'm away on business).  A number of episodes focused on this area of Colombia; due to the mountains and high, variable winds several planes have gone down in this area.  So she was always worried sick every time I flew to Colombia (fortunately our project was on the other side of the country.)
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Duque de Bragança

:(

One of the biggest football crashes since the MU crash in the '50's. Not sure if Mongers remembers it but this one use to come often as an example.

Richard Hakluyt

Looks like the plane ran out of fuel :

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-38165757

It was only about 10 miles from Medellin airport when it went down  :(