News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Fidel Castro Dead

Started by Habbaku, November 26, 2016, 12:42:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

RIP Fidel.

Talk about making one's mark on the world, one of those few people for whom just the mention of his Christian name, means a sizeable share of the world's adult population will know who it is. 

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Josephus

:(. One of the greatest leaders of our times.

"Condemn me. It does not matter. History will absolve me"

ps...those of you celebrating. When I ddi same for that thatcher woman, this forum shat upon me.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

garbon

Quote from: Josephus on November 26, 2016, 08:44:32 AM

ps...those of you celebrating. When I ddi same for that thatcher woman, this forum shat upon me.

We can't help it if you have bad taste.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Brain

:console:
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Barrister

:zipped:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

CountDeMoney

And one of the greatest failures of US foreign policy during the Cold War.

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

CountDeMoney

Grinning_Colossus

Smoking in coach on a NYC-Havana flight. So beautiful. We have truly lost our way. :(
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

Valmy

Well he has been functionally politically dead for a long time now. Amazing that his life ended like this when you think about it. So well done I guess.

So anyway his actual death doesn't impact much. RIP asshole dictator dude.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on November 26, 2016, 11:59:00 AM
Quote from: derspiess on November 26, 2016, 01:40:20 AM
Best month ever.

But your candidate lost :(

Hillary lost, the Clinton Machine is dead, and a bunch of people lost their shit over it. I'll take he hit.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Martinus

Quote from: mongers on November 26, 2016, 08:31:46 AM
RIP Fidel.

Talk about making one's mark on the world, one of those few people for whom just the mention of his Christian name, means a sizeable share of the world's adult population will know who it is.

Same goes for Adolph. Not sure how that's an accomplishment.

Frankly, I am disgusted by the apparent ambiguity of some people here when it comes to Castro.

Martinus

I hope you are trolling. Because you would need to be insane to seriously compare the two.