1st Annual Languish Twilight Struggle Tournament

Started by Berkut, November 21, 2016, 09:58:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

mkiefte

I can't find the post which lists what people's TS handles are.

I'm down  to one game right now, so if I'm on your list of opponents, then start up a game.
"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."

Habbaku

I'm 3-0, myself; just waiting on my official game with Nels.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Drakken

We should really create a TS post-game Analysis thread, where we can post our moves and learn.

Maladict

Quote from: Drakken on December 08, 2016, 11:42:09 AM
We should really create a TS post-game Analysis thread, where we can post our moves and learn.

Please do  :)

Solmyr

bogh

Well, sbr beat me convincingly (VPs turn 5). He got a commanding lead early and I was scrambling just to keep the game alive the last couple of turns. 

Nels

...In which Nels learns about Che.

Don't recall the game #, but Berkut (USSR) has just beaten me with Wargames on T8. Earlier in the game, Che couped in Africa, which surprised me, because I can't read. Then Jeff headlined Che and couped in Africa an S. America again, followed with S. Am. and Afr. scoring, followed by Wargames. I almost headlined We Will Bury You instead of Papa John, and I wish I shoulda, to prevent his BG coup on round 1. Ya larn sumpn every day, if you're lucky. I thought I had the edge. There was a wargames risk, but the VPs were at I think 2 to start the turn and I think I had a good long game position. Possibly I didn't read how to protect a lead well, or maybe I didn't have the lead I thought I had.

Berkut

I think I got rather lucky with the draw. I drew two scoring cards, one of which I already had the domination in, and the other Che was able to let me sneak away from you.

I had, as well, Glasnost (another 2 VPs) and Bear Trap. I think you were pretty doomed once the cards came out. But I knew I had to win there, long term board position probably favored you...
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Tamas

Berkut, you forgot my game with bog: #147974. I am USSR, as usual. Thanks!

Tamas

BTW my status report so far:

I am doing quite badly against sbr, pretty badly against bogh, and abysmally against vonmoltke.

Drakken

Quote from: Maladict on December 08, 2016, 11:56:39 AM
Quote from: Drakken on December 08, 2016, 11:42:09 AM

Please do  :)

Is there a way to extract game history to txt, rather than copying it them by hand from the game UI?

mkiefte

vonmoltke (US) vs. mkiefte (USSR) #153693

I'm hoping that's one of you guys. Otherwise I just started a game with a random.
"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

sbr

Oh yeah baron and I started our game as well.

vonmoltke (US) vs sbr (USSR)
Game ID: 154032