Kanye Suffers Mental Breakdown on Stage (or "Performance Art")

Started by garbon, November 21, 2016, 08:46:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

https://www.buzzfeed.com/aliciamelvillesmith/kanye-west-storms-off-stage-after-ranting-about-beyonce-and?utm_term=.wr7QMZXxd#.npn0qEZJz

QuoteKanye West Storms Off Stage After Ranting About Beyoncé And Jay Z
Fans at the Sacramento leg of the Saint Pablo Tour are demanding refunds after the rapper performed only three songs before ending his concert abruptly. West canceled his concert the following night in LA, just hours before it was set to begin.

According to fans posting on social media, West only played three songs on Saturday night before leaving the stage at the Golden 1 Center in Sacramento, California.

According to fans at the concert, West showed up late, launched into a tirade onstage, performed briefly, and then walked offstage without explanation.

In clips posted on Twitter, West said he was hurt by Beyoncé, before asking Jay Z "to call me."

Here's some of what West said:
Beyoncé, I was hurt because I heard you said you wouldn't perform unless you won video of the year over me and over "Hotline Bling." In my opinion — now don't go dissing Beyoncé, she's great. Taylor Swift is great. We are all great people. But sometimes we be playing the politics too much and forget who we are just to win.
Fuck winning, fuck looking cool, fuck looking cool, fuck being cool. Fuck all that. I've been sent here to give y'all my truth, even at the risk of my own life. At the risk of my own success. I'll give y'all the truth. Jay Z, call me, you still ain't called me ... Jay Z, I know you got killers. Please don't send them at my head. Just call me. Talk to me like a man.

West then said, "Press get ready to have a field day, the show's over," before dropping his mic and leaving the stage.

And you know you be acting cray if this happens:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/kimberleydadds/snoop-dogg-had-a-hilarious-reaction-to-kanyes-latest-rant?utm_term=.qsO9BNnAy#.num72WGKM

QuoteSnoop Dogg was in the crowd. And he had pretty hilarious reactions as the rant unfolded/continued/went on forever.

QuoteThat n***a crazy. This n***a onstage... this n***a crazier than the shit I got on my head... That n***a crazy. I can't believe he still talking. He picked the wrong night to vent like that. Them Sacramento n***as ain't feeling that shit. He shoulda had a bunch of weird motherfuckers like you when he was talking that weird ass shit... That's just my thought. I smoke weed. Weed don't make you do that. What the fuck is he on?

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

celedhring

The College Dropout is one of the few hip hop albums I have ever bought. He seemed a genuinely engaging and smart lyricist back then. When did he go off his rocker?

garbon

Quote from: celedhring on November 21, 2016, 09:00:44 AM
The College Dropout is one of the few hip hop albums I have ever bought. He seemed a genuinely engaging and smart lyricist back then. When did he go off his rocker?

He's always been a bit of an issue for me as I do think he puts together good music (well I've only ever purchased "Graduation" and his collaboration with Jay-Z "Watch The Throne") but his personality has always been erratic and nutso from when I've paid attention.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Martinus

celedhring

Quote from: Martinus on November 21, 2016, 09:11:05 AM
Most good artists are a bit nuts.

Yeah, but this whiny primadonna persona is a relatively decent development in his career. He's always been controversial, but he had a sense of purpose before (regardless if you agreed with his stances). Now it's all bizarre personal vendettas and stunt headline grabbing. I guess he got caught in the celebrity bubble (he married Kim Kardashian after all).

And indeed, he makes good music, and I don't usually care for hip hop.

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

dps

Admiral Yi

CountDeMoney

Martinus

Probably Clinton's Illuminati buddies slipped something into his drink when he came out for Trump.  :ph34r:

Martinus

Apparently he has been taken to a hospital. It is unclear if this is psychological or physiological.

Legbiter

Beeb has him pegged as running on a constitutional conservative platform a-la Ted Cruz in 2024.  :hmm: ^_^ 
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

The Larch

Apparently he has been voluntarily committed to a LA hospital for psychiatric observation.

CountDeMoney

The Brain

The country should be in a psychiatric hospital. In a world gone crazy only the mad is truly insane.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.