2 (22.2%)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: November 21, 2016, 01:22:00 PM

Valmy

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on November 21, 2016, 01:10:57 PM
Quote from: Valmy on November 21, 2016, 01:05:34 PM
Quote from: Duque de Bragança on November 21, 2016, 12:57:50 PM
And kids older than babies are much less sought by would-be adopting parents, Monsieur Je sais tout.  :frog:

Indeed. Which is why it is a good idea to let gays adopt them. See where I was going there?

Yes, to a dead end. Homos are not really interested by them too, at least around here.

Some of them are though and it would be absurd to deny them the opportunity.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Valmy on November 21, 2016, 01:19:08 PM
Quote from: Duque de Bragança on November 21, 2016, 01:10:57 PM
Quote from: Valmy on November 21, 2016, 01:05:34 PM
Quote from: Duque de Bragança on November 21, 2016, 12:57:50 PM
And kids older than babies are much less sought by would-be adopting parents, Monsieur Je sais tout.  :frog:

Indeed. Which is why it is a good idea to let gays adopt them. See where I was going there?

Yes, to a dead end. Homos are not really interested by them too, at least around here.

Some of them are though and it would be absurd to deny them the opportunity.

We are going in circles, aren't we? There's not opportunity denied since the opportunity i.e lots of children/kids *trigger warning* to adopt does not exist.

Focussing on real problems, like the relations with Putinstan, would be better. But then even Juppé wanted dialog (vague I know) with Moscow, despite being very critical of the Moscow KGB-ist in chief.

Valmy

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on November 21, 2016, 01:27:45 PM
We are going in circles, aren't we? There's not opportunity denied since the opportunity lots of children/kids *trigger warning* to adopt does not exist.

Really? So here I am a gay dude in France and I want to adopt a child. There is zero opportunity to do so? What if I did want to adopt a 10 year old from Rhode Island? Not in Fillon's France?

I don't get the *trigger warning* attack. You want to explain that one?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Jacob

Valmy

Focussing on real problems, like the relations with Putinstan, would be better. But then even Juppé wanted dialog (vague I know) with Moscow, despite being very critical of the Moscow KGB-ist in chief.

I don't see how France has the power to really shift things with Russia, for the reasons I already mentioned. Russia needs an enemy to keep its regime in power and we are it.

Jacob

Quote from: Valmy on November 21, 2016, 01:35:51 PM

I don't see how France has the power to really shift things with Russia, for the reasons I already mentioned. Russia needs an enemy to keep its regime in power and we are it.

... I don't think the idea is that they'll shift US-Russian dynamics, but rather manage how France fits into that... especially given that some senior French politicians - like elsewhere - have various connections with Putin that could be deemed troubling (as I understand it).

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Valmy on November 21, 2016, 01:33:13 PM
We are going in circles, aren't we? There's not opportunity denied since the opportunity lots of children/kids *trigger warning* to adopt does not exist.

Really? So here I am a gay dude in France and I want to adopt a child. There is zero opportunity to do so? What if I did want to adopt a 10 year old from Rhode Island? Not in Fillon's France?

I don't get the *trigger warning* attack. You want to explain that one?

Married homosexuals and/or just a single homosexual? Full adoption "plénière as in termination of whatever links the kid had with biological family  or adoption simple? Fillon only mentioned adoption plénière. So yes it's possible in theory, to answer your question. I just love these teapot tempests based on ignorance by media bleeding hearts.  :lol:

Quote from: celedhring on November 21, 2016, 08:46:31 AM
Spanish media say Fillon wants detente with Russia, wants to ban gay adoption, is an immigration hardliner, wants to ban the burkini...  I guess he'd be better than Le Pen, but color me unexcited  :hmm:

Emphasis mine

https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adoption_simple_(France)

QuoteDepuis le 23 avril 2013 l'adoption est permise aux couples homoparentaux dans un cadre où l'adopté est l'un des enfants du couple homoparental.

Since you're a Yank, you don't need to wait for Fillon's election and approval anyways.

The *trigger warning* was tongue in-cheek about
QuoteJust FYI "kids" includes more than just babies.
:P

Valmy

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on November 21, 2016, 01:55:24 PM
The *trigger warning* was tongue in-cheek about
QuoteJust FYI "kids" includes more than just babies.
:P

I was just noting that normally only babies are actually hard to find for adoption :P

Valmy

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on November 21, 2016, 01:55:24 PM
I just love these teapot tempests based on ignorance by media bleeding hearts.  :lol:

Hey I can only go by the data reported to me on Languish.

Zoupa

Quote from: Jacob on November 21, 2016, 01:34:30 PM
So Le Pen is the next President of France?

No, but the conservative nominee will probably win. Yay....

viper37

Quote from: Zoupa on November 21, 2016, 06:47:04 PM

You know, looking at this bunch, I almost wish Hollande would run again and win.
I mean, look at this:
Hollande has suggested that he may not stand for re-election if he fails to reduce the French unemployment rate by the end of his term.[17] He stated this point again in February 2015, saying that "if after five years, a President cannot meet the objective that he had when he got elected, he cannot be once more a candidate for the highest office in the country".[18]

He may incompetent, as are nearly all leftist politicians, he may have neglected security, luring himself in a false sentiment of "terrorism is for the others", but he sure reacted quickly and appropriatly after the attacks.  And he is damn fucking honest: he promised something he can't deliver, so he won't run again.  I just wish Liberal politicians would take note.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: viper37 on November 22, 2016, 01:11:45 AM
Quote from: Zoupa on November 21, 2016, 06:47:04 PM

You know, looking at this bunch, I almost wish Hollande would run again and win.
I mean, look at this:
Hollande has suggested that he may not stand for re-election if he fails to reduce the French unemployment rate by the end of his term.[17] He stated this point again in February 2015, saying that "if after five years, a President cannot meet the objective that he had when he got elected, he cannot be once more a candidate for the highest office in the country".[18]

He may incompetent, as are nearly all leftist politicians, he may have neglected security, luring himself in a false sentiment of "terrorism is for the others", but he sure reacted quickly and appropriatly after the attacks.  And he is damn fucking honest: he promised something he can't deliver, so he won't run again.  I just wish Liberal politicians would take note.

Si vous le voulez, la France peut vous l'envoyer ! Comme Juppé jadis, mais à vie !  :lol: :frog:

viper37

Quote from: Valmy on November 21, 2016, 01:35:51 PM
in a post Trump era, with the US star shining less&less bright, it's only a matter of time before Trumps fucks with Europe on something, so many French politicians likely believe that they should seek some deal with Putin before it happens, while they still have some leverage. Since Trump made it clear he's not interested in free trade and military alliance, Europe needs to look at other options.

See, a majority of Americans may believe Trump ain't so bad (60% according to latest polls), the rest of the world does not share that optimism.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on November 22, 2016, 03:42:18 AM
Si vous le voulez, la France peut vous l'envoyer ! Comme Juppé jadis, mais à vie !  :lol: :frog:
Non, ça va aller.  J'ai déjà mes incompétents, ça me suffit ;)

Valmy

Quote from: viper37 on November 22, 2016, 02:29:29 PM
See, a majority of Americans may believe Trump ain't so bad (60% according to latest polls), the rest of the world does not share that optimism.

Well I certainly don't. Marty's hero is going to do very lasting and devastating damage to this country. I can only look to 2018.

But that does not really address my point. France can no more come to an agreement with Russia than the US can. Russia needs an enemy.