17 (44.7%)
Statesman
18 (47.4%)
Click here if you're a retard
3 (7.9%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Siege

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 20, 2016, 05:10:38 AM
Is he eating a plateful of shit in the pursuit of power or falling on his sword to save the Republic?

He is an sleaze bag.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

jimmy olsen

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 20, 2016, 02:14:42 PM
Quote from: Phillip V on November 20, 2016, 01:21:43 PM
Romney was ridiculed by Obama in 2012 when he called Russia our "#1 geopolitical foe."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1409sXBleg

And he was ridiculed here as well.

Russia is not our "#1 geopolitical foe."  That's China.  Russia is our "#1 geopolitical pain in the ass."

The Russians have literally managed to place a Manchurian candidate in the White House! 
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Martinus

CountDeMoney

Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 21, 2016, 05:10:48 AM
The Russians have literally managed to place a Manchurian candidate in the White House!

They didn't vote for him.

grumbler

Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 21, 2016, 05:10:48 AM

That's Flynn.  I'm a bit surprised Flynn can even get a security clearance, and now he's going to be National Security Adviser!  At least the Russians won't hack his email.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

KRonn

I tend to think the meeting with Romney was to help heal wounds in the party. I don't see him as Secretray of State though that's apparently the rumor that he was there for. I think he could also be brought into the admin for some other position as advisor in  economic or budget matters. Romney did make some very nasty statements about Trump during the campaign and while the never Trumpers liked it, he probably pissed off many more in the party who saw him as helping the democrats to win as some of those comments were made as Trump was winning the primaries, or maybe even after he had won them.

KRonn

I also recall that Romney did actively push against Trump even during the Presidential campaign, and went so far as to help fund an alternate candidate in Utah along with a small cabal of hysterical anti-Trumpers in the republican party. So he brought a lot of animosity on himself within republican voters and party members. If he gets some place in the admin then that'll certainly rankle many voters, but as I said before, I think this move by Trump and Romney is at least a way to heal the rift. Also, as Trump looks to make changes to the ACA then Romney might be someone who could contribute to changes in the health care law, since the ACA was patterned a bit off of the plan he put in place in Massachusetts as Governor. 

Admiral Yi

derspiess

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 21, 2016, 03:35:00 PM
Kronn shows his colors.  :ph34r:

If you still have your Woman Card, you can turn it in at Ben & Jerry's in exchange for a free cone w/ two scoops.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

frunk

Quote from: derspiess on November 21, 2016, 04:12:35 PM
If you still have your Woman Card, you can turn it in at Ben & Jerry's in exchange for a free cone w/ two scoops.

SCORE!

The Minsky Moment

If only Trump could deliver such effective results.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Admiral Yi

What does your America Can Go To Hell card get you?

KRonn

Bargain. Can we still get Woman Cards after the election?? Be worth it for a free cone!

Jacob

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 21, 2016, 04:25:05 PM
What does your America Can Go To Hell card get you?

A smug sense of superiority. He gets to cut in front of the line of all the liberals too, making it even better.

derspiess

Quote from: KRonn on November 21, 2016, 04:31:31 PM

Bargain. Can we still get Woman Cards after the election?? Be worth it for a free cone!

They were still for sale on the site last week, but looks like they're no longer available :mellow:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall