Sleazebag
17 (44.7%)
Statesman
18 (47.4%)
Click here if you're a retard
3 (7.9%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Admiral Yi

Is he eating a plateful of shit in the pursuit of power or falling on his sword to save the Republic?

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Liep

He's eyeing the yuge profits available for the Trump administration. He'll set up a blind trust that's run by his dog.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Eddie Teach

Quote from: The Brain on November 20, 2016, 05:11:55 AM
I don't see myself as a retard.

That is indeed the worst Jaron option ever.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 20, 2016, 05:10:38 AM
Is he eating a plateful of shit in the pursuit of power or falling on his sword to save the Republic?

As he actually been appointed SecState? :unsure:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Razgovory

I'd give him the benefit of the doubt.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

alfred russel

Quote from: Razgovory on November 20, 2016, 08:36:24 AM

Look at his track record. ran as a prochoice candidate for governor as massachusetts that rejected reagan and bush for their conservatism, but then ran for president in the republican primary as a prolife severe conservative with binders of women.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Martinus

I don't think he will be the Secretary of State. Trump wants to reconcile but doesn't trust hum enough.

Razgovory

Quote from: alfred russel on November 20, 2016, 09:20:28 AM

Look at his track record. ran as a prochoice candidate for governor as massachusetts that rejected reagan and bush for their conservatism, but then ran for president in the republican primary as a prolife severe conservative with binders of women.

What does this have to do with being Sec of State?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

alfred russel

Quote from: Razgovory on November 20, 2016, 09:39:54 AM
Quote from: alfred russel on November 20, 2016, 09:20:28 AM

What does this have to do with being Sec of State?

the guy has a track record of doing whatever it takes to get the next job.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Legbiter

Quote from: alfred russel on November 20, 2016, 09:58:12 AMthe guy has a track record of doing whatever it takes to get the next job.

You think he dropped to his knees?  :hmm:
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Legbiter on November 20, 2016, 10:11:22 AM
You think he dropped to his knees?  :hmm:

Why not: guys like Ryan, Rubio and Cruz have all swallowed that Trump cock like they were on the "Spring Break" edition of Campus Creampies.

Phillip V

Romney was ridiculed by Obama in 2012 when he called Russia our "#1 geopolitical foe."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1409sXBleg

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Phillip V on November 20, 2016, 01:21:43 PM
Romney was ridiculed by Obama in 2012 when he called Russia our "#1 geopolitical foe."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1409sXBleg

And he was ridiculed here as well.

Russia is not our "#1 geopolitical foe."  That's China.  Russia is our "#1 geopolitical pain in the ass."

The Minsky Moment

I hope he does it.  So in fairness I would have to pick statesman.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson