News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What does a TRUMP presidency look like?

Started by FunkMonk, November 08, 2016, 11:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfred russel

Quote from: The Larch on January 06, 2021, 04:24:09 PM
So, between 0 and Chernobyl, how toxic will Trump's legacy be?

It will probably vary as the years go by. When he wins the 2024 election, and republicans riding his coattails take control of both houses of congress, it may look positive even. But after the disasters in 2032, and Trump Jr.'s refusal to accept defeat in his reelection bid...
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

The Brain

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on January 06, 2021, 04:28:58 PM
Quote from: The Larch on January 06, 2021, 03:56:08 PM
Assorted pics from Fox:

Nice of these idiots to be so helpful in identifying themselves for prosecution

18 U.S. Code § 2383
Whoever incites, sets on foot, assists, or engages in any rebellion or insurrection against the authority of the United States or the laws thereof, or gives aid or comfort thereto, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

Trump "loves" these people. A mass pardon could even be dressed up as peacemaking and moving forward, if Trump can be bothered.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: alfred russel on January 06, 2021, 04:32:01 PM
When he wins the 2024 election

Interesting question, can you win the Presidency while on the terrorist watch list?  First time for everything I guess.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

DGuller

Assorted pics from Fox:

18 U.S. Code § 2383
Whoever incites, sets on foot, assists, or engages in any rebellion or insurrection against the authority of the United States or the laws thereof, or gives aid or comfort thereto, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.
I'm not sure any of those idiots broke any laws, but it's a complicated matter.  Let's ponder it privately for a couple of weeks before deciding whether charges are warranted.

Barrister

Assorted pics from Fox:

18 U.S. Code § 2383

ID based on video alone is pretty tough.

The jackass who took the podium wearing a buffalo(?) head was kind enough to take off his shirt and have a bunch of highly-identifiable tattoos though. :thumbsup:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

The Brain

AND he made the new stock photo for US politics.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

alfred russel

Assorted pics from Fox:

18 U.S. Code § 2383

Senator Hawley, greeting the protestors earlier today.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

DGuller

Hopefully next time he greets them will be in a different setting, wearing a different suit.

The Larch

Trouble in Paradise.

QuoteJUST IN - @Mike_Pence has just unfollowed @realDonaldTrump on Twitter

Oexmelin

Nothing will happen to Hawley. He'll be the snake lying in wait that he is. You will have to watch him very closely.
Que le grand cric me croque !

Valmy

I do have to wonder how all those Republican politicians will feel about pushing all this once it impacts them personally.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

Quote from: The Larch on January 06, 2021, 04:45:04 PM
Trouble in Paradise.

I believe that is the same joke post Solmyr posted and then deleted.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Larch

QuoteCongresswoman Cori Bush
@RepCori

I believe the Republican members of Congress who have incited this domestic terror attack through their attempts to overturn the election must face consequences. They have broken their sacred Oath of Office.

I will be introducing a resolution calling for their expulsion.

QuoteIlhan Omar
@IlhanMN

I am drawing up Articles of Impeachment.

Donald J. Trump should be impeached by the House of Representatives & removed from office by the United States Senate.

We can't allow him to remain in office, it's a matter of preserving our Republic and we need to fulfill our oath.

Barrister

Quote from: The Larch on January 06, 2021, 04:50:13 PM
QuoteCongresswoman Cori Bush
@RepCori

I believe the Republican members of Congress who have incited this domestic terror attack through their attempts to overturn the election must face consequences. They have broken their sacred Oath of Office.

I will be introducing a resolution calling for their expulsion.

QuoteIlhan Omar
@IlhanMN

I am drawing up Articles of Impeachment.

Donald J. Trump should be impeached by the House of Representatives & removed from office by the United States Senate.

We can't allow him to remain in office, it's a matter of preserving our Republic and we need to fulfill our oath.

I'm okay with impeaching Trump at this point, but it needs to come from bipartisan leadership, not "The Squad".
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

The Larch

Quote from: garbon on January 06, 2021, 04:49:17 PM
Quote from: The Larch on January 06, 2021, 04:45:04 PM
Trouble in Paradise.

I believe that is the same joke post Solmyr posted and then deleted.

Oops. I thought it was one of those bots that post automatic updates of these kind of things, not a joke account.